Any experience with self-filing using MyExpatTaxes? (USA)

I’ve been using TurboTax Home & Business to file and it works, with some hacks. I came across MyExpatTaxes and they have a self-filing option. Has anyone used it and can comment on it?

Thanks for mentioning this option. I’ll be eager to hear if anyone has any experience with it.

Surely the whole point of being ex pat and nomad is you don’t pay taxes…

I also just came across this: DIY Expat Tax Filing Online | H&R Block®

EDIT: It’s the same software as MyExpatTaxes: Reddit - Dive into anything

I decided to test them this year. It’s a nice system. Much better than TurboTax. The questionnaire is easy. eFiling works. Sometimes the page loads slowly. But that’s about the only quibble I had.

FBAR also works and the filing was included in the price. But MyExpatTaxes requires the address of the foreign institution. I didn’t need to provide an address the last years when I filed FBAR directly. Either something changed or it is just their system.

If you want 20% off and you want to give me 20 bucks off, you can sign up using this link:

Hello Monad,

Can you amend Federal and state taxes with the Professional package? We have to amend our 2022 taxes.

Thank you,

Bradley

The current year definitely. Previous, I don’t know. You’d need to ask them.

Thank you Monad for your feedback. Is it possible to find out from MyExpatTaxes before I pay? There is no contact information on the website. And by the way, how did you resolve not having a foreign address? We’re currently living in Hawaill, and we won’t have a Português address until October. Did you need their assistance for PFIC statements? I’m certainly making you work hard for the referral, I’m sorry.

Haha, no problem. They reply quite quickly: Get In Touch - MyExpatTaxes
I can’t help with your questions, different situations, but perhaps they can.

1 Like