Anyone here know a LOW TAX jurisdiction and LOW Administrative responsibilities?

(Nyla) #1

I’m looking for a single digit taxation jurisdiction to set up a company, anyone know of one?

And preferably with low tax responsibilities that can be entirely outsourced to 3rd parties.

(Thomas K. Running) #2

I think you might get better responses if you provide a bit more detail on the type of business it is, e.g. are we talking online sales, consulting, physical goods, etc? Are treaties with certain countries important? Can it be in any region, or do you have any preference? And so on… :slight_smile:

(Nyla) #3

Thanks. Good point.
It’s digital good, an online course and mentoring.

A region that is able to have PayPal, or Adyen as payment gateway. With low single digit tax rate, and low tax administrative work where I can outsource to any company that does this kind of stuff.

Preferably a jurisdiction that doesn’t cost a ton of money to set up a company. If it can be done in the hundreds, and it’s quick and easy. Even better.

(Lukas) #4

Also interested in this.

(International Man) #5

Need some more information - are you a US Citizen, Resident/Green Card holder?

(Lukas) #6

No. I am a Maltese citizen.

(International Man) #7

Then why not something like a single member US LLC owned by an offshore company (BVI, Marshall Islands, Belize etc) ? Cheap and easy to setup and maintain.

Very tax efficient structure and since you’re not a US Citizen, Resident or Green Card holder, there’s no tax due (if you satisfy the ECI test – basically if you’re doing stuff online and have no “staff” or “agent” on the ground in the US, you’re fine).

Gives you access to the US banking system as well as Paypal, Stripe etc.

Of course, you’re still liable for tax where you “live”, but the US for non-US persons is still a great option.

[disclaimer: seek your own professional advice from your lawyer, accountant, priest etc - the above is my opinion]

(Nyla) #8

Thanks for the tip. I’ll keep that in mind.

(Tasmania Limited) #9

Take away some of the risk. Use an existing trusting company to do everything for you.
Pay them a portion of your sales and you have almost no administration to deal with.

3party is where the PARTY is.

Not sure if this is excessive self promoting (my 2nd post and I see this green box on the right with Guidelines. I guess there is a PM function here otherwise how can people really get any frigging information from others.

(Lukas) #10

Interesting. Any resources you could point me at to read up those options?

Would freelance Upwork writers count as staff in the US?