Greetings digital nomad peers around the world!
I’ve been travelling and working remotely for 2 years now, without having to register a business. I have two big clients; one pays USD into my CurrencyFair account, the other pays EUR into my TransferWise account. I know it’s probably going to bite me later, but that’s a discussion for another day.
Anyway, I now have a new client, in France, that requires me to have a VAT-registered business for us to do business together (I provide digital services). This is going to be a steep learning curve for me as I have to register a business and get it VAT registered during COVID-19, whilst not in my domicile country. Thus any and all suggestions/recommendations would be incredibly appreciated!
Here are the facts:
- I’m a South African/Canadian dual citizen.
- I’ve never been to Canada so I don’t have a social insurance number or bank account there in case you were wondering.
- I’m currently in Palma, Spain on a tourist VISA until 4th June.
- COVID-19 travel bans are in effect, so I can’t leave Palma, unless it’s to go to South Africa or Canada.
- I do not yet have a business registered.
- The only proper bank account I have is in South Africa (I believe although TransferWise does give you your own banking details, it is not a proper bank account per say).
- I believe bank accounts are easy enough to open in Spain, even on a tourist VISA.
To reiterate, my goal is to register a business and get it VAT registered during COVID-19 travel bans and national lock-downs.
Any recommendations would be super!