Can I apply for family during 350K GV investment or only afterwards?

I would be grateful if any folks who have gone through the GV process or any Portuguese attorneys could give me the benefit of their experience.

I intend to apply for a GV through a 350k euro investment in a fund. I plan on bringing along my wife, her parents, and my parents (all over 65) in on the same investment. My attorney is telling me that I cannot apply for my wife/parents/in-laws until I have first been granted my temporary residence permit. However, I am finding some anecdotal evidence that suggests that the applications for my wife/parents/in-laws can be submitted at the same time as my application.

Does anyone have knowledge that the primary and dependents’ applications can be submitted to SEF at the same time? If this is possible and you are a Portuguese lawyer, I would be grateful if you could point me to the specific section of the law or the SEF regulation that says that this is allowed.

1 Like

I applied for a temporary residence permit for my wife and children at the same time. I was told that if I waited that only I could apply for the Passport in 5 years time.

https://imigrante.sef.pt/en/solicitar/residir/