Debit Card with Swedish IBAN

So I spent COVID becoming more location independent while nailed mostly in place. But now travel is more available.
I now have bank accounts, credit cards and brokerage accounts in a variety of currencies but I have a hole for my upcoming travels to visit my daughter.
Seems she moved to Sweden and there they use SEK. I have a brokerage in SEK but to get money out to spend in Sweden I would have to convert to euro to get it out and then convert to SEK to pay. Which seems like an unnecessary irritation.
What I am looking for is a debit card denominated in SEK that I could transfer money from brokerage to a Swedish IBAN.
I tried to try Revolute but they seem to be determined not to have me as a customer.

1 Like

Try Wise (Transferwise).

1 Like

No, Wise does not provide banking details for SEK balances, so you can’t make SEK transfers to it.

I managed to resolve the issue with Revolut and even figured out how to transfer money in a variety of currencies. (Not a very customer friendly company and their instructions are wrong/incomplete for deposits.)

But ran into an AML policy of brokerage. I cannot transfer in SEK unless I have a Sweden located bank so until Revolut gets a Swedish bank licence or I get to Sweden and manage to open an account i am snookered.

1 Like

@DCA I heard Intergiro gives out Swedish IBAN, although it seems to be geared for business…(although, hey, everyone is or can be a freelancer, right?) …and has monthly fee. Not cheap, but it’s a Swedish IBAN. No experience with them (although I wouldn’t mind a a Swedish iBAN myself, if others here have).

1 Like

Thanks Jim. I will check into this. Eventually I will work my way through the complete list of currencies and then getting an account in North Korean won will be the crowning achievement.

1 Like

Ha - sounds like you and I have the same goal (although no real appetite in NK Won - SK Won however,). If you succeeded in getting this IBAN, please share.