Form 8833 question, U.S. Tax

(Lafayette Tl) #1

I have a question regarding U.S. tax. My spouse is a greencard holder who resides in China so she qualifies for Bonda Fide Residence test(i live and work in China too). I heard she needs to file Form 8833 in order to claim Foreign earned income exclusion. I looked up instruction, seems like this form is for dual-resident to claim tax treaty. Can anyone let me know more about this form? thank you!