Health care and insurance for digital nomads?

Yes! We agree. As one of the founders of Insured Nomads I will take that point further to our marketing team. It’s been our goal to make things as clear as possible so that you do not have to speak with anyone.

Sadly, insurance gets complex and many times people do have questions so chat platforms (WeChat, Line, FB, WhatsApp) are great ways to get a response rather than ‘talking’ to someone.

When you visit our site how could it be improved? We are always eager for feedback. I think you were stating generalities about the industry, but we are looking to make the process easier for all. Thanks Kimo!

Hi, well glad to hear your response. I’m all for having great chat lines of communication, everybody loves good customer service…what I’m refering to is the upfront of being forced to talk to a salesperson, that just smacks of not cool. And “not cool” makes the nomads run away fast.

As for your website, I’m glad you asked because I longed to mention it: it’s a pamphlet. You might as well hand them a glossy pamphlet. That is soooo sooo very old school. And “old school” makes the nomads run away fast.

Of course I don’t know who you guys are, but it seems like you are part of some bigger old school insurance company and you decided Oh let’s try to grab some of this emerging global nomad market and let’s put Andrew J. in charge. It does not seem like a company or website created by nomads for nomads. (sorry if none of that is true, but it’s the impression I get).

A website that is not a pamphlet is a place I can drill down into for a deeper understanding and I can contact a person if I want, but in now way am I pointed in that direction energetically.

I think safetywing is a website you could learn from…although I think they could be much better also. They look young and cool…they keep it simple upfront but give you many chances to drill down if you want. I think one maxim for this segment would be: nothing stock. everything original.

ie. stock photos, stock web design.

Thanks Kimo. We all see things through our lenses/filters. Glad you were able to take a minute to send the feedback.

Keep us in mind when you are looking for insurance.

Haha I don’t mind the blow-off. As a digital nomad for 5 years now, my lenses and filters are pretty fine tuned and authentic.

Post blow-off replies should be more to the point, sans sensitivity; Your website looks like it was done by a Fiverr gig’er for the five bucks. It’s stock schlock.

If you can just take in one truth that is not lensed or filtered…

Nothing Stock : Everything Original

Even though snarky I do care…so one more gem:

Run a campaign to get input by real nomads, for both the insurance and the website; from that campaign choose talent to submit original graphic and writing content AND the byproduct of that campaign will be a brilliant promoter for you…let it be by nomads for nomads…and they will social media your ass to the far flung tribes. :smiling_face:

Ok good to know…but at first it perplexed me how nomads could have such a cookie cutter site…now I think I understand the business better and this seems a possible analysis of the problem:

Because fintechs are building their tech stacks by using non-original stuff, they then think Oh well we’ll do the same for the website…maybe the maxim should be further developed to say:

Inward facing use stock : Outward facing only original

So all outward facing engagement with your customers and marketing to them should be done with your own originally produced stuff. I guess some people might call it branding.

What that does is make you like a recognizable thing/entity/person…people like to relate to people…and we can say people like to relate to recognizable and familiar things. So even though it’s a business and not a person (unless it’s a corporation haha) people have relationships with things (teddy bears, dogs, cereal boxes, companies, wild bucks in Omaha) and they only gonna have a relationship with a uniquely attractive thing. Not a cardboard box.

A kid eating his cereal can have a very strong relationship with the box of cereal in front of him…everyday looking forward to seeing and reading it while simultaneously experiencing the pleasure of the sugar mixing in with the cold milk and the crunch. They will not experience that with a plain box with no original characteristics.

FWIW, Andrew, I don’t like that I have to give an email address to get a quote. Then I know a hard-sell is coming. I’m not planning on traveling for a while yet thanks to covid, but I’d like to get quotes so I can start budgeting for that wonderful day. But I won’t do it if I have to give my email to get it.

Hi there Traci, thanks for the input. I can understand that for sure. You can skip right through that if you just add in something like a@a.com You do not have to put in your email but can move forward with a placeholder in that spot.