How do I Vet a lawyer

Guys,

How do I vet a lawyer? How can I confirm their identity

Thanks

Hello Ravi, I strongly recommend you check out the lawyer’s list on the US Embassy webpage for Lisbon. As a retired Foreign Service Officer, it’s where I started my search after I began to feel uncertain about some folks I’d found simply “online.” I identified two firms that I felt very comfortable with and ended up choosing one of them. Two months in, we’re very happy with the choice! Good luck to you. Ken

1 Like

HI,
I am looking for an immigration lawyer I went to the Us embassy page, but ther was no list of lawyers. Is there another place to start?
thank you
Carole

See here

Hum its on that page…

I haven’t seen most of these firms; and for some that I have spoken to before, they aren’t listed to my surprise.

Would be nice if there’s some semi-private way to compare notes with lawyers, without breaking the community rules here…

Sorry @jpgoldenvisa I skimmed too fast and thought you typed “same here” : )

Hi Carole –

Here’s the page with the link to mainland Portugal attorneys:

https://pt.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/attorneys/

I spoke with about eight-ten of the ones on the list and honed in on two. I’d also be happy to put you in touch with the two attorneys I had extensive conversations with, including the one that I signed up with. Both are excellent and really know the GV rules.

Just let me know.

Best, Ken

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

Ken, would you mind sharing your attorney recs with me? I’m looking for property in Lisbon and looking for robust assistance with the sale plus GV application.

Hi Mimi - I’m using Filipe Eusebio with Ana Bruno and Associates. I’ve been very happy with him. A bit more expensive than other options but still reasonable. Tell him I sent you…

Hi Kenneth,
I ready to apply for Portugal GV and I have been vetting lawyers with no luck so fare. I would be very grateful if you share contact information for the one that you have signed up with.

regards

I would much appreciate any referrals. I have an attorney but they have more or less stopped communicating. So recommendations for a replacement would be welcome.

Hi Brett, I work at Pela Terra Farmland. I made the “insider hacks to speed up your GV application” webinar you might have seen posted on the homepage.
Very happy to help if I can. Feel free to DM me.

Hi Brett, sorry to hear about your experience! Here you can also see some options for lawyers/law firms that our readers have used, been happy with, and recommended.

1 Like

The lawyers I vetted and my comments on each are in the lawyers tab here…

1 Like

Thank you so much for this list. It confirms two recommendations that I’ve received. It’s a little painful to changing lawyers at this point. But I don’t know what else to do.

1 Like

Would you kindly share the contact information for the firm that you signed up for?
Your help is much appreciated

Hi Ashraf,

Please reach out to Filipe Eusébio at Ana Bruno & Assoc. Tell him I sent you. He’s been helping us for about 7 months now and we’re very pleased with his work.

Best, Ken Kero-Mentz

Moderator edit: Email address removed (not allowed to share in public), please share via direct message instead.