How much does it cost to incorporate a company in Jersey (Channel Islands)?

(Rohan) #1

Hello folks!

I’m a solo-entrepreneur and manage a content marketing business, with a small team of freelancers and virtual assistants across the world :slight_smile: Love the freedom it gives me!

I’m not a nomad (yet) but I was considering incorporating a company in Jersey and using a digital bank like Revolut/N26 to run my operations. If need be, I guess I could go for a payment gateway (Braintree) as well.

I had two questions actually:

1. How much does it cost to setup and manage accounting/bookkeeping for a private company out of Jersey? A ballpark estimate would do, thank you.

2. While I’m thinking about Jersey for its corporate tax & compliance benefits, should I consider Estonia and Hong Kong as well? I believe Estonia and HK have a much better market reputation overall, and HK specifically has equally good tax benefits.

I have ruled out British Virgin Islands, Nevis, Cayman Islands, Belize, etc. because I have corporate clients who will likely raise an eyebrow if they saw my company registered in any of these areas. Unfortunately, their reputation precedes them. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I live and work in India. Just FYI.