Introduce yourself! šŸ‘‹

Hi Vanessa, Iā€™m new to too and I just opened a free bank account with N26. Itā€™s a popular choice for nomads in Europe. Setting it up was really simple, they needed pictures from the front and back of my ID card and one utility bill. Within an hour I had access to my brand new bank account in Germany. You can use it as is for making bank transfers (they have apps for e-banking) or you can add a free Mastercard debit card if you have an address to receive it. You can also add a Curve card which is a different provider but adds other benefits. Thereā€™s an article about Curve on this website.

1 Like

Yes I am a bit the same - I want to make my exit now but everyone tells me it takes 5 or more years to set yourself up properly.

1 Like

Hi,
My name is T. Ahuja and I am from India. I have 18+ years of global technology experience and now exploring in becoming a digital nomad.
Currently working for Asiaā€™s largest Low Cost Carrier as the Head of Enterprise Technology Strategy.
I am a true Gemini and love to travel and workout.

Looking to connect with like-minded nomads and Europe is my ultimate destination for migration.
:airplane:

1 Like

Hello my name is clement,
Iā€™m French, 38 and left my management position in an office work mid July 2018 to began a nomadic life.
I just passed my Padi Diving Instructor diploma in Philippines in December 2018.
I plan to start an online business and invest in high potential online companies.
Great to see all the tips for travelers.
I already answered most of the questions by myself before living France this summer. I wish I found this community earlier.

Regards
ClƩment

2 Likes

Iā€™m william. Tired of being rooted again. Want to travel again, see new places, and live with less. Been happy being married, and hope to stay that way, but miss my freedom. Want to convince her that the freedom is better than the stability that she thinks we have. Reality is, we arenā€™t that stable financially, and are slaves to our bosses. Looking for ideas on a way outāœŒ

2 Likes

Hello!

Iā€™m from the US but enjoy living somewhat nomadically, :earth_americas: largely in Europe. Iā€™m a freelancer and I was particularly drawn to NomadGate because of the wonderfully thorough information here about Portugal and their Golden Visa program.

Thanks! :grinning:

1 Like

Hello, everyone!

I grew up outside Chicago and am fortunate that my dad is an airline pilot - I caught the travel bug very young. I just started working for a fully-remote company so I am considering going nomadic. Some of my favorite places are:

• New York :us:(where I currently live)
  • Bali :indonesia:
  • Chiang Mai :thailand:
  • Berlin :de:
  • Mexico City :mexico:

Hoping to find some help on this forum for all the questions I have about nomadic life (and the many questions which will pop up in the future!). Especially concerned about social life / making friends while living around the world.

Thanks!
Evan

3 Likes

Iā€™m Cynthia. My husband and I live in Toronto, Canada. We are thinking about purchasing a second home in southern Europe and Lisbon seems to be the ideal location.

I would like to take up your offer on introducing to an independent broker who can help us to move the matter forward.

3 Likes

Hi yā€™all!

Iā€™m Jay, originally from :uk: but a :earth_americas: traveller, have spent the last decade or so in :australia: :new_zealand:

Just about to head back up to Europe :portugal: Lisbon. Plan to digital nomad or see whats about really

I have already sorted out NIF and residence but there are still a few things I could do with guidence on.

Favourite places are:

• Berlin :de:
  • Chile :chile:
  • Maui :us_outlying_islands:

Hoping to find some guys and gals in Lisbon and tech geek Nomadsā€¦

4 Likes

Hello Everyone :smiley:, Glad that I found Nomad Gate :heart_eyes:, hope it can help gain the knowledge and information that I need to move to Portugal :portugal: from Russia :ru:. Iā€™ve been working as an ESL teacher for the last 7 years here in the wonderful city of Kazan {considered the Sports :soccer: Capital of Russia). I love the freedom of traveling :airplane: and seeing new places, meeting people :wave:, making friends in other lands :mount_fuji: :cityscape: :european_castle: :hotsprings: :railway_track:, itā€™s a real high. I hope to retire soon which will give me a lot of flexibility to enjoy my passion of seeing the world :earth_africa:ā€¦

The book that I"m currently reading is - Hamletā€™s Mill

But I think one of my all time favorite books is - Shantaram

5 Likes

Hi there! Iā€™m Ritch from England but have been living anywhere but that island last couple years. Staying in central or south Europe and sometimes Asia, working as an editor and brand management consultant. My favorite places are Greece, Vienna, and Vietnam - each one of them for a different reason as you can probably imagineā€¦ :slight_smile:

The one book that is always laying somewhere around my night table is ā€œThe art of thinking clearlyā€ which is a nice collection of reminders of how we are continually being tricked by ourselves.

3 Likes

Hi Yall!
My Name Is Na$h An Estonia Business owner From Sweden, Just joined this forum.
Looking Forward To Some Good Times Whit Yall And To Learn Some New Stuff As Well As I Will Do My Best To Give You The Best Of My Kniowledge, Best regards / Nashliqz (Noreiainvest 21:CE)

2 Likes

Hi Everyone!
Jovan here from ZA, working on becoming a digital nomad. Here for all the tips and tricks.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I am Akachi originally from West Africa. I have spent sometime in Dubai, Finland, Stockholm, UK and US. I currently work for a top tier European Telecom company. I came here seeking ways to reduce bank charges while travelling the world. I am happy to be here.

2 Likes

Hi their my name is Ali I have a great Experiance while I visit the Portugal Lisbon which is more like beautiful place ever I have seen the peopleā€™s are great and so friendly looking forward to see again

3 Likes

Hello people. my name is Laurence and i didnā€™t think to myself as a Nomad but life point me in that direction and i am still trying to find the meaning of this!
Actually my two books on the shelf are Theory of Semiotics and 21 Lessons for the 21st Century

Cheers :smile:

2 Likes

Hello! My nameā€™s Adam and Iā€™ve been travelling and working online for about two years now. Iā€™m currently based in Kampot, Cambodia, but plan to move on shortly. I work as a freelance writer, although, Iā€™ve been working with a single client for quite a while now, developing content for a large technology website. Iā€™m excited to join this community and to get to know some of you!

1 Like

Hello. I am Miyako. I was brought up in quiet North East Japan near rice farm community. Past 20 years I have been living in San Francisco. I am an accountant. To balance my conservative job, it is almost a requirement for me to go for live music or dance. 60ā€™s garage/psych rock/Jazz/kraut rock/house/soul/funk and occasional punk rock are cup of my tea. I have not been traveling so much because of my job. Hampi in India, Kauai island and Santa Fe in New Mexico are my top places. I place heavy value in spirituality. I subconsciously seek spiritual connection with people, places, music, food, culture, food and many more things that I cross path. I am very happy to find this community to explore my options abroad. I am planning to buy a property in Porto, Portugal in next few months and see what unveils in front of me. I will need pick everyoneā€™s brain to make this happen. I saw few posting from people who are interested in moving or buying properties in Portugal. I would love to connect with all of you with any information you have and I will love to share useful information to others. If anyone has questions about Japan, I may be able to help. Cheers!! :wine_glass:

2 Likes

:wave:
Ello all.
Iā€™m H207. The H is for my family name and 207 is because Iā€™m from Maine and that is the area code. #MrClever :man_scientist:

Iā€™ll have questions and comments related to e-commerce/ offshore legit business structures for US citizens and travel, in the future. For now, itā€™s nice to meet you all and enjoy the day.

3 Likes

Hi! :raising_hand_woman:
My nameā€™s Sofie, and I live as digital nomad with my boyfriend.
We are currently looking for a place to set up our company and have our residency.

I love to travel and play chess. :airplane: :chess_pawn:
Looking forward to get to know other digital nomads!

3 Likes