Introduce yourself! šŸ‘‹

Hi All,

I am an Australian living in London, but with big plans to be somewhere else sooner than later. With the preference being somewhere warm and light hearted, where I can BBQ throughout much of the year and a decent beach isnā€™t too far away.

Nomad gate proved useful for setting up a bank account in Europe and will hopefully assist in other ways now as I prepare for a more nomadic existence once again.

1 Like

Iā€™m Lexi, 24 year old from Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA. Iā€™m not sure if iā€™d classify myself as a complete nomad, but Iā€™m definitely passionate about traveling the world and exploring/working in new places.

Currently, I work in Lisbon for some awesome companies at a co-working space. Some of my interests are photography :camera_flash:, playing darts :dart:, learning new languages :nerd_face:, and traveling to new places (especially on the coast) :earth_americas::ocean:.

Some of my favorite places:

• Elbow Cay, Abaco, Bahamas :desert_island:
  • Amiens, France :fr:
  • Rio de Janeiro, Brazil :brazil:
  • Rottnest Island, Australia :australia:
  • Virginia Beach, VA, USA :house_with_garden:
    ā€¦and the list goes on.

Canā€™t wait to see the awesome articles/posts on the site to assist me in this nomadic period of my life!

1 Like

I am not a digital nomad, but I want to be location independent in and around the EEA. This involves having a structure of accounts and companies that canā€™t be attacked (by creditors/tax collectors). At the same time, I want to pay some local tax, preferably as regular salary (To be inside the social system).

I need to be able to deduct a lot of expenses, especially travel, restaurants and ā€œgadgetsā€.
(Seems most people here are more interested in avoiding tax? Not very nomadicā€¦:-).

Generally, I need low tax and low structure cost when I have low income, with high income I want to save ā€œuntaxedā€ money (Like Estonian company profit).

( Most of my posts are related to such issues.)

I am trying ā€œfully remoteā€ work now, but generally, I will always earn more with direct client contact. I do not mind regular work, but I do not want a long commute etc, so it can be nice to flip between different ways of working (With less tax when I earn less).

1 Like

Hello everyone ! I am not yet a nomad but working to become one. I am a software engineer from San Francisco. My 3 main passions are sailing, brazilian jiujitsu and traveling. Best part is that all 3 can be combined ! I always like to train when I travel and I often travel by sail boat. My next frontier is to buy my own boat in Europe and spend more time there. It will allow me to spend longer time in different places I like and maybe find the place I will enjoy spending most of time at.

1 Like

I am not a digital nomad, but I want to be location independent in and around the EEA. This involves having a structure of accounts and companies that canā€™t be attacked (by ā€œcreditorsā€ / ā€œtax collectorsā€). At the same time, I want to pay some local tax, preferably as regular salary (To be inside the social system).

I need to be able to deduct a lot of expenses, especially travel, restaurants and ā€œgadgetsā€.
(Seems most people here are more interested in avoiding tax? Not very nomadicā€¦:-).

Generally, I need low tax and low structure cost when I have low income, with high income I want to save ā€œuntaxedā€ money (Like Estonian company profit).

( Most of my posts are related to such issues.)

I am trying ā€œfully remoteā€ work now, but generally, I will always earn more with direct client contact. I do not mind regular work, but I do not want a long commute etc, so it can be nice to flip between different ways of working (With less tax when I earn less).

1 Like

Hello,

I have been always keen on travelling. I have lived in around 10 countries mostly working on economic development and aid projects and visited around 50+ countries.

On 2015 I took a leave of absence from my preious job and I have not looked back. I have been based in the Dominican Rep. but travelling around most of the time : Europe, Mexico, Colombia , Japan etc . In a few days I am relocating to Spain for the next months , most liekly Valencia. Looking forward to reading from other nomads and sharing tips for the next destinations.
All the best and happy travels!

2 Likes

Good Day everybody , am here here to thank you all for the patient. Am a successful businessman and am interested on serious people to share ideals.

Regard
Anyanso

2 Likes

Hi Thomas, hello everyone.

My name is Marc, I live in France, dutch from origin, working across europe and much in favour of ā€˜ignoringā€™ some of the nationistic bounderies. Exploring the world close to home but far away at the same time wih a liberal mind !

Keen to see more about what your site / community is about :slight_smile:

Marc

1 Like

Hello everybody, I hope youā€™re all enjoying the weekend!

Iā€™m Gui, a Portuguese lawyer living and working in Switzerland. Born and raised in Lisbon, I lived in London for a couple of years and Iā€™m now based in Geneva.

I mainly deal with international tax and wealth planning / structuring for private individuals so feel free to reach out should you have any queries or want to discuss anything in particular.

Iā€™m a huge fan of tech and everything else that allows and supports the nomad lifestyle so letā€™s connect!

Have a great day and week!
Gui

3 Likes

Hallo! I am a tattoo artist and married mother of two who had recently started traveling heavily to do guest spots and tattoo conventions worldwide. Iā€™m trying to learn the best ways to travel to make these trips enjoyable and not a hassle! You can see my work on Instagram @queenbeeink
Iā€™m always reading in the background but I will try to speak up whenever I can!
:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:I love tips for art lovers and foodies.

:wave:t5::wave:t5::wave:t5:

1 Like

Hi,

My name is Raj, I have been a digital entrepreneur for many years now, left N America two years ago and have set up my international operations from different countries. Happy to find this community, can learn a lot of different system advantages etc. Thanks for having me.

1 Like

Hi!
My name is Svein, and I am a Norwegian living in the US and England. Considering investing in a property in southern Europe. Iā€™ve been working from home for almost 20 years, and always considered myself a global citizen. Loving the mobile lifestyle!

3 Likes

hello .
nice to know you for good collaboration but in Africa .
best regards

Hi Folks,

Iā€™m Daisy from Orange County, California. I lived in China until I came to the US 3 years ago for my MS degree and now Iā€™m working full-time as an engineer. Ever since I graduated Iā€™ve been thinking about different income sources and financial independence, and later on, read the Four Hour Workweek which blew my mind and now changes my life. I operate an online store and teach yoga on the side, and Iā€™ll continue to explore new ways of generating passive income, so as to live the dream lifestyle and have the freedom of time and location. I look forward to learning from you, especially those who run online businesses while traveling.

PS feel free to ask me questions about China if you plan to travel there.

2 Likes

Hi,
People call me by the name of Terii - which in Polynesia is a typical BoyĀ“s name. :smile:
I lived in Tahiti for 40 years and now I m spending my days in South America most of the timeā€¦and no, IĀ“m not Mad (thats why IĀ“m a No-mad website) dahhhhh
ā€¦:hugs:
Good site and good community i found here.
ā€¦:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Lori. Iā€™ve been traveling since 2013, with a 2-year break in Florida and some months in California last year. Iā€™m in the UK now, on a tourist visa, so by June, Iā€™ll have either figured out a way to stick around (Tier 2 visa? Marry an Englishman? Just kiddingā€“but itā€™s Britsā€™ main suggestion for staying) or found the next place. I do like Englandā€“I keep coming back here.

Iā€™m a writer, working on a couple of books (one illustrated, one not) and applying for remote writing jobs.

I am asking the questionā€“supposing I made the UK my permanent 6-months-of-the-year home? What would be the best single place to live the other 6 months? For great culture, nature, food, affordabilityā€¦? I am open to suggestions on that one!

1 Like

Hey everyone :metal:

Iā€™m Louis, go by @louislanderdeacon on most social media. Iā€™m planning to go remote at the end of this month. Iā€™m a photographer whoā€™s worked mainly within the music industry for interscope and warner brothers :upside_down_face:
Iā€™m hoping to start my own digital marketing/creative agency with only nomads making up the team!
Iā€™m also a keep mountain climber plus boulder. I enjoy anything creative, be that building a studio from the foundations up, to wondering national galleries!

I hope that I can learn and also contribute from this wonderful community!

L

1 Like

:wave: Hello,
I am so happy I found this site.
I found you by doing a Google search for golden visa in Portugal, this is by far the most comprehensive and informative site .
I am a USA citizen but grew up in Brazil, Argentina and Japan.
I am fluent in Portuguese so Portugal is a place of great interest to possibly invest/ live in.
I love the arts, theater, film etc and have a few awards for acting myself.
I have been interested in purchasing land in either Portugal or Galicia, Spain.
I look forward to listening ,learning from all of the people here.

3 Likes

Hola everyone!
I am currently in the midst of moving to Lisbon with my lovely dog Pera :dog2: after living in New York for 7 years. Iā€™m originally from Mexico City. I work as a designer / animator / illustrator and am in the process of becoming fully remote. I love travelling, music, art, animals, nature, new experiences, running, and dancing. Looking to connect with more nomads!
Favorite book: ā€œWomen who Run with Wolvesā€ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

HI everyone, my name is Jake and I am from London or used to be : ) I have been living like a Nomad for many years now. These days I spend a lot of time in Russia, Kazahkstan, and all the former Soviet states for work but generally spend my holidays in Indonesia and SE Asia. Thinking relocating to KL in the Summer.

I work in International student recruitment and educational marketing.

My favourite cities to hangout in are: Tbilisi, Singapore, Mexico City DF, Berlin, Istanbul

2 Likes