Introduce yourself! šŸ‘‹

:wave: Hello everyone! I randomly but awesomely came across this site and Iā€™m glad that I did and happy to be a part of community with similar interests as meā€¦ Traveling is my passion! I love to meet new people, experience new cultures, as well as seeing beautiful/ interesting/historic places. I look forward to browsing this site and learning from all of you. I havenā€™t traveled much yet sadly :frowning: but I did live in Mexico for two years and have gone back about 14 times on trips/vacations staying there at least 2 weeks each timeā€¦ I went for a month two times as well. I really hope to travel to other countries more soonā€¦ I have almost finished my bachelors in Spanish and pon to teach English in other countries as my gateway to travel more unless/or I come upon other ways to travel a ton. I have trips planned I havenā€™t been able to go on yet. Iā€™d really like to do humanitarian work as well. India is really ā€œcallingā€ me as well as Peru, China, UAE, Egyptā€¦ as next travel destinations but there are SO many places I want to go and the list never ends. If youā€™ve read this far- thank you and I hope you all are doing fantastic :smiley:

1 Like

Hello All!

My name is Dave Sanders. I go by Dodave online. I have dual citizenship at present - USA :us:and Canada :canada:. My wife and I live in Colorado :mountain: where we manage our own investment properties and residential real estate brokerage :houses:. We love adventures and travel, and will be seeking to live at least 1/2 time in Europe during our ā€œThird 1/3ā€ of life which will commence sooner than either of us would care to admit :relaxed:. We are considering selling an investment property here to invest in Portugal :portugal: as a path to citizenship and productive retirement there.

Cheers! Dave

1 Like

Iā€™ve just done a brexit escape from the UK and become a Portuguese resident - it will be home base. Love Portugal but had to cut my time in Essaouira short. Iā€™m involved in the Internet and cyber security and grew up in a number of countries.

1 Like

Hey all. Ed here. Taking my first steps to nomad life. Love Edinburgh. Working on it for 2 years now, hopefully by summer 2020 will be there and move on. Ciao

1 Like

Do you put some of your photography work on unSplash? Iā€™d love to see some of your shots.

Ooooh! That looks like a cool service :star_struck: Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

:laughing: Love it! I think Iā€™ll take up on the trend!

1 Like

Hey everybody! :wave:

My name is Camelia and Iā€™m from Romania :romania: After a couple of instances where I and my husband would live somewhere for 2 years, and then get bored and move somewhere else, we decided to embrace it and actually take up digital nomading. So last year we parked the Casper and the Thermomix at my parentsā€™ place, told everyone not to visit us, weā€™ll visit them instead and got on the road :train:

Weā€™ve mostly stayed around home so far, here in Europe, but on Wednesday itā€™s the big day when we dip our toe onto South-East Asia starting with, as @vicho so lovingly put it, an 89 days in Japan :japanese_ogre: We have some ideas afterwards, but the plan for the next 3 years is to have no plan. Well, no unshakable plan at least.

Iā€™m a frontend web developer (mostly javascript and React), working remotely for a remote-second company in a remote-first team. Not to say that I donā€™t very much appreciate the effort theyā€™re putting into setting up a video conference every time Iā€™m invited to a meeting :blush: So if you have any resources for improving remote work :star_struck: I would very much appreciate hearing about it.

My favourite author is Terry Pratchett. My favourite way of reading is listening to audio books :headphones: with my husband. The best reading experience was reading the Bobiverse Trilogy. And my favourite podcast is Stuff you should know

:slight_smile: Hope to read you guys around!

3 Likes

Hi I am Frankie, a family from Hong Kong with 2 boys in kindergarten age.

We are looking the opportunity to join the Golden Visa programme but its a bit confused when we check into the detail of it. Hope to find the assistance from this forum. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi all, Iā€™m JoĆ«lle from Australia. Moved from the US in 2012 and am a reformed lawyer. Actually - Iā€™m one of the ā€œgoodā€ ones - I am an environmental attorney mainly working on water and contamination issue. Nice to be part of this online community.
Cheers!!

1 Like

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are interested in the Golden Visa Program and are planning on going over Christmas to speak to some real estate agents and lawyers about how to proceed. I saw in the article about the golden visa that we should have an Independent Lawyer (which I already got your tax lawyers name) but do I need a real estate lawyer too? Also is there an independent real estate agent you recommend or anyone else I need to look into hiring?

2 Likes

Hi Everyone :upside_down_face: Iā€™m not quite a nomad but there are times when I feel like I am. Mostly travelling between Portugal, Germany, Sweden and UK and helping in some refugee camps - activities for the youth. A friend of mine whose Portuguese has convinced me Portugal is the place to be and having been there a number of times this past year I couldnā€™t agree more. So weā€™ve started working with various property agents and other add-on service providers. If itā€™s okay with @tkrunning Iā€™m happy to provide my contact details if anyone needs help with finding properties, investments or the Golden Visa programme.

I enjoy reading and looking forward to this new venture in my life.

Thanks to this community I have read up on some very useful information on Portugal

Keep it coming :+1:

1 Like

Hi everyone :wave:t3:

Iā€™m Samir, 25, a digital product designer currently living with my wife in France and soon to relocate to Sweden, Iā€™m born in Morocco but Iā€™m half Russian. (I know, a lot of countries in the same sentence :grin:).

I just discovered Nomadgate and already loving it! Happy to be part of this community :innocent:

Traveling is my passion and Iā€™d definitely love to do it more often.

Cheers
Samir

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Weston Eric schoon and I am 22! I am a Swedish American who grew up in China but now resides in Italy. (Not even attempting to go through the countries in between.)
I am currently a student of psychological science, after taking 3 gap years to live a nomadic life on my own, but have no intention of stopping my nomadic life once I finish my schooling.

I love the adventures of, and in life including volleyball, rock climbing, sailing, any other water sport, Mt biking, and anything else active.
Sun, sea, and a restless soul is all I need!

Favorite book: Ivanhoe
Podcast: Lore

I am glad to have found nomad gate and wish you all the best of luck out there fellow globetrotters!

1 Like

Hello All,
My wife and I recently decided to take a year (at least) and travel the world with our 4 and 9 year old kids (apparently going without them is frowned upon.)
I am a translator and can work anywhere with cellular internet, as long as I can be on call to accept projects.
We are starting out in Goa India, and from there are looking at all of Southeast Asia.
From what Iā€™ve read, the area is so cheap that we could live there indefinitely as long as I can work remotely for foreign clients. We also hope to make it to Latin America, Costa Rica in particular for several months at least, but this will be a function of how much I can earn remotely.
A little about Us:
We are from Israel. I grew up in the US, but have been back in Israel for 20+ years.
We have been to Costa Rica twice, and have volunteered at wildlife rescue centers. My wife is a veterinarian, so those places are usually happy to have us. We love nature, and animals in particular, as well as meeting new people from all over the world. We want to expose our kids to as much of the world as possible, to have them learn from and about people, cultures, and places that are varied and different. Where possible, we would love to send them to school/daycare wherever we are, but mainly for the social aspect. The core subjects like Math/English/Hebrew/Sciences etc, between my wife, myself, e-learning and private tutors where necessary and/or cheap, Iā€™m sure we can manage it in way less than 6 hours a day 5.5 days a week.
I will be looking for (and am open to receive unsolicited) info and advice on family slow-travel through S,E. Asia.
Happy travels to all and very best regards,

3 Likes

@yiftach Wow - thatā€™s an awesome move, especially with the whole family. Good luck for the travels and adventures!

Hi everyone.

I roam mainly around Asia, used to be in Europe before. Youā€™ll find me more in SE Asia nowadays.

I do business, invest and trade.

:two_hearts:

1 Like

Hi everyone,
My name is Lukas and Iā€™m from Germany. Iā€™ve been traveling a lot over last few years, initially as a student and lately while working, so I suppose I could be considered a digital nomad.
I enjoy all sorts of outdoor activities, surfing, climbing, diving and lately mountain biking. In terms of book recommendations I would recommend the 100 year old that jumped out of a window for fun and for business I would recommend the hard thing about hard things by Ben Horowitz
Cheers

1 Like

Hi peps!
I am Etienne but my friends call me DobyTo.
An Haitian and Argentinian citizen working as a Site Reliability Engineer. I love traveling, meeting people and I am an adventures lover.

I think I should be a secret agent but my paths have changed to IT.
By the way, I am everybodyā€™s friend.:grinning:

1 Like

Hi All

Iā€™m from Switzerland and ten years ago after finishing my studies I decided to take a little break, and the break is still ongoing. Iā€™m constantly roaming the globe using any means of transportation I can find, usually preferring the places where nobody goes. Most of the time I sleep in my tent, hammock whatever. So meanwhile Iā€™ve gave up my original plan doing research in AI (Artificial Inteligence) and just write plain and boring software ;-), but at least that I can do from anywhere as long as the internet half way works.

1 Like

Hi :raised_hands:
Iā€™m FĆ”bio, a Portuguese nomad developer.
Iā€™m a full stack developer, working remotely, mainly based on Portugal but also on Netherlands.

Happy to find this group and to contribute.

3 Likes