Introduce yourself! 👋

Hi Camelia, welcome here. I’m a huge Terry Pratchett buff as well. Hope you find here the answers you’re looking for. This plattform has a great knowledge.

2 Likes

Totally thrilled about this community! Woohoo!
I am 52 and have been nomadic my whole life - just didn’t live it until a few years back.
I am Danish, but have a NIE in Spain and am just now starting to figure out how to really be location independent.

I don’t have kids, most of my family is dead from drinking and I have friends all over the world whom I consider to be my family. Especially those in Latin America are close to my heart.

I speak 4-5 languages, Danish being my native, English number 2 and Spanish slowly coming along which is great since I prefer the American continent. I always traveled a lot - my first solo trip was at 19 where I traveled from Denmark to Morocco by train for a month.
Next was Central America when I was 25 and I swore to come back. I am here right now - in Nicaragua, but leaving in 2 weeks to go to Canada where my boyfriend has his family - her’s becoming a nomad as well.
Plans for the next year is to show him Europe - maybe scootch around there for a year :slight_smile:

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Mette

(PS. I make my money as an online psychotherapist and couples counsellor, author (on Amazon) and online courses)

1 Like

Hello, everybody!

Ex Indian Army… Loitering in life, wasting time even as it wastes me.
Lived in Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Romania. Travelled around many other places.
Favourite places: Upper Himalayas above 4000 meters, Andaman & Nicobar Is., Vienna. Currently considering a long term stint in Portugal.
Photography, flying, mountain climbing, chess, music, high altitude wild flowers and gardening.

I wish you all happiness!

2 Likes

Hi my name is Asterios, I am Greek and speak several languages (Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Spanish and English) Lived around in Europe (Romania, Greece, Hungary, England, Spain) Latin America (Colombia) and in the US. If you would like to know more about me please visit my page here Thanks and have an excellent day

My name is marwan zulfani. i work for the lebanese company leoni in the branch located in tunisia. it is in the manufacture of audi car refrigerators and talented football.

1 Like

Hi; I have some questions regarding my CURVE Card; can I ask you?

My name is Julianna and I fell in love with traveling when I was a college student in France. (a long time ago!) My husband and I have been to over 30 countries so far. Our most extensive trip was 7 weeks in Africa: Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Kenya and Egypt.
My most memorable places are “View of the World” in Zimbabwe, the temples of Luxor and Karnak, and Mont St. Michel.
We both have Scottish ancestry and were left speechless at the beauty of Scotland, esp. the Highlands.
Our next goal to circle the globe for 3-4 months, focusing on India, SE Asia, and Australia/New Zealand. So I spend many contented hours reading and researching to determine our “must do or see” list.
We will probably get our round-the-world tickets through the OneWorld alliance, which will dictate our stops to some degree. On the other hand, I have read that AirTreks is the best service for plotting a course and finding the best airfares irrespective of airline alliances. Any recommendations in this regard would be much appreciated.
We also love train travel, so your recommendations in this regard will also be helpful.
Thanks in advance…

2 Likes

Hi Everyone!

I am based in Vegas. I assist people who travel mainly from overseas to ensure a smooth travel plan and also allow them to have a friendly and knowledgeable partner in the US in their travel time zone to set up tours, dinners, transportation and more.

I also run a tourist gun shooting experience. If you’re interested in adventure travel, let me know! I have access to very cool experiences.

Thanks.
Tiffany

2 Likes

Hi Fabio,

I’m Luc and I have been toying with the idea of moving to Malta and working 6 months / year remotely to just pay all bills. I want to do short-term contracting in the NL. I do have contacts there that can broker jobs for me, but I am still struggling with how to do it efficiently from a tax perspective.

Would you mind sharing your experience in the NL as far as how you’re dealing with work and residence permits as well as income tax from your salary there?

Hope you do not find this inappropriate. Many thanks in advance and much appreciated!

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Nick. I have been a nomad at heart for many years, but in 2017 I made it a bit more official. I do not work anywhere, nor am I a resident anywhere. I am a citizen of 3 countries, but do not live in any of them and generally try to avoid being in any one place too long. I make my living off investing and trading. I am also a trained and experienced coach, something I still practice. My interest, beside travel and exploring, are discussions on society and the human condition, good food and good drink and of course the endless intricacies of the financial markets. For more about me, if anyone is curious, see nomadaristocrat.com Looking forward to learning from all of you!

4 Likes

Quick Introduction:

Young thinking (but they tell me I am not so young) entrepreneur that enjoys travel, learning, reading, exploring and technology. Based in NYC / Portland OR, Tucson AZ and the World.

Looking to explore Nomad Gate

1 Like

Hi! I’m Susan and American international teacher living and working in Cairo. I am very interested in retiring in Portugal. I spent 12 years teaching in Kuwait and 2 in Bangkok. This is my second year in Egypt. I enjoy traveling, but have been spending a lot of vacation time visiting my son and his family, in Dusseldorf, Germany.

2 Likes

Hello!

I’m Vladislav. I live and do business in Moscow, Russia. I hold my stock portfolio in the US. I want to hedge country risk, so I’m exploring the option of participating in Portuguese Golden Visa program. I want to become a citizen eventually.

I dislike real estate, so I want to participate through (option vii) the acquisition of units of investment funds or venture capital fund of funds dedicated to the capitalisation of companies under the Portuguese legislation.

Any pointers on this option or Portuguese Golden Visa program or anything more or less relevant (similar programs as well) are more than welcome.

1 Like

Hi everyone. I was born in the United States and lived there for the first 60-ish years of my life. Married an Aussie lass in the US in 1983 and we moved to Australia in 2001. I’m retired and get a pension from the US which is sent as an old-fashioned check in US dollars. I’d like to get the pension electronically, but don’t have a US bank account any more and the outfit handling the pension will only do electronic delivery to a US bank. So now I’m trying to find a solution, as my bank here just started charging an arm and a leg to handle paper checks.

1 Like

Hi, My name is Ray Smith.

I have been a Nomad since 1998 escaping from the UK to the USA for 13 years, then to Slovakia for 5 Years and now to France. As you can guess this gives me an Income Tax nightmare, no to mention the other issues like Driving Licences and Medical Cover. At a young age I was inflicted with the Motorcycling bug and I cannot seem to shake it off, no mater how many motorcycles I buy!!! The only major country / land mass I have not been yet is Australia! Here to learn and help others. Cheers Ray

Hi all,

I am a successful, innovative architect & hands-on programmer for highly complex, challenging monolithic or micro services cloud-based back end / full stack application. Started AI, ML implementation as well.

Whether a startup or MNC I always engaged pro-actively, not merely development but also mentoring team to make them long time potentials for the company. Several companies established or got an immense boost from my engagement. Self Motivated to get things done and a Self-starter.

I am getting ready to create my own en-devour as I am a eResident of Estonia. I am also ready to be a part of the challenging and futuristic project as well.

Here is my profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dhirajpatra/
Thanks and Regards

Hello!

I’m Praveen, and am considering Portugal Golden Visa for residency. Visiting Portugal in July to look at properties. Any suggestions for lawyers and real estate agents with presence is Lisbon, Porto, and Algarve?

1 Like

Greetings all. I live happily in Cape Town where I practice business law. Always been interested in ‘offshoring’ and glad I discovered this site. Looking forward to more contact.

Hi Praveen,

You could try - goldenvisa@sableinternational.com - and discuss with Nathalie. I have no personal interest in this company but have found them helpful and responsive.

:wave: Hi everyone! I just found Nomad Gate from researching about best bank accounts for travelers and expats. Loved the article and now am signed up.

I’m an American who also has dual nationality with Spain, so a few years ago my boyfriend and I moved to the Valencia Community of Spain and live in Denia right on the Med. We love it. We also work from home (or anywhere with internet). I travel write and build websites and offer freelance writing services, and my boyfriend does branding and video production. We love creating together, and especially traveling together.

Look forward to being a part of this community. Thanks!