My Top Resources for Nomads, Travelers, & Expats

(Thomas K. Running) #1

Having lived a more or less nomadic life for close to a decade, a handful of products and services have proven to make my life on the road much easier and more affordable.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://nomadgate.com/resources/

(Melissa Lambert) #2

Thanks for this article! Super helpful!

I’m a writer/photographer based in the US. This past spring, I spent a few months in New Zealand and Australia. (Awesome adventures all around!)

Anyway, my US based health insurance plan told me they’d reimburse me for any expenses incurred while traveling, but I’d have to pay for them at the time. That didn’t sound like a very good option for me so I researched companies that offered temporary health insurance for travelers/nomads.

I found GeoBlue travel insurance had excellent rates, various options for length of times needed. I strongly recommend them!. Very reasonable price-wise and their network of doctors/services/emergency is quite extensive. They have a phone app that can quickly find a doctor or medical facility close to your location.

Luckily, I didn’t have any health issues while in NZ or Australia, but it was nice to have peace of mind while on the road!

Here is the link for those who want to check it out: www.geobluetravelinsurance.com

Thanks for everything you do!!

Sasha