Introduce yourself! šŸ‘‹

Continuing the discussion from Introduce yourself! :wave::Hello, hello from Denver, Colorado. It sure is like a Christmas Day today (12/12/20) - minus 6 degree Celsius. On Wednesday though it was almost plus 18 degree Celsius. That is Colorado for you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:Writing to you is Susanne, originally from Germany, but having lived here for 30 plus years. My husband Dramane, from Mali, and our two dogs love to hike and enjoy nature when it is nice outside. For our retirement, we would like to relocate to Portugal, so we can be both closer to our families. :two_hearts: Hopefully we can take a trip there next year. We have been communicating with Pearls of Portugal and the owner seems to be extremely professional and knowledgeable. We welcome any advice and tips. Merry Christmas to you all!:woman_shrugging:

Hello Vince and welcome

Take a look at Prince Court Medical Centre at 39, Jalan Kia Peng, 50450 Kuala Lumpur

If you donā€™t already have one, get a ā€œTerm Lifeā€ insurance from back home for a 20-30 year plan (the cost to you is 1% of the payout divided by the number of years you pick). Donā€™t add any riders to the plan and get the largest plan you can comfortably afford.

Have a fun time and enjoy yourself.

Great connecting with everyone here! Anyone in Mexico City?

My name is Edwin (Ed) Salamanca made in New York, most recently Texas resident half the year, nomadic the other half. Mostly in Mexico and Latin America.

Most passionate about unlimiting and how to turn ideas (dreams) into reality.

Excited to co-create with other courageous dreamers and manifest withā€¦.Pisces Sun, Pisces Moon here, what can I say? Spent the last few years learning about financial freedom, how money works, only to realize our greatest asset is our mindā€™s creative ability and the community we share it with to create value. Self-awareness, self-worth before net-worth.

Into: linguistics and how language shapes our reality, human nature, music, tacos, travel, biohacking, bioenergetics, economic history, books in general and people who love talking about books too!

HI. Iā€™m CJ. Glad to Be Here

I am a travel, landscape & fine art photographer, author & educator based in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Hi Everyone,

Just found out about this site and interested to explore more. Iā€™ve been an expatriate for nearly my entire career and moved to the nomad lifestyle 6 years ago.

I run a digital marketing agency that focuses on performance marketing (paid social, Google/YouTube, Klaviyo email marketing, conversion rate optimization).

We have clients around the world, although most are in the UK and USA.

You can find out more about me in this podcast: TNM_Podcast Episode #009: Leighton Prabhu - Go Nomading Pte Ltd

1 Like

Hi there :wave:, my name is Travis. Iā€™m exploring options for setting up a base in Portugal. Iā€™m currently living with my wife and 2 adult sons in Charlotte, NC, USA :us:

My wife is Brazilian :brazil: and has some connections in Portugal.

Iā€™m interested in learning more about the incentives for expats to invest in Portugal, and the pending changes to the Golden Visa program. Also interested in how the government is considering the impact of the pandemic on these investments and in light of the rising default rates real estate seems to be having in Portugal and the world over.

TIA!

Hello

I am Mark Born and bread in Canada. Getting closer to retirement in 10 years and slowly learning to improve my knowledge

Due to my polish/ German ancestry I have gotten my polish citizenship and now working on this for the kids to broaden their ability to work and play in a bigger sandbox

Now looking at setting up banking globally to be able to retire in Malaysia and Portugal and travel throughout the rest of the world

Love
Germany
Austria
Switzerland
Hong Kong

Looking to explore the rest

Thank you
Mark

1 Like

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Hi everyone, I am Conney from Toronto, Canada, relatively new to NomadGate, enjoying the lessons read here. Originally from Singapore and had lived in HK, UK and currently still in Canada. Happy to be here in Canada, experience has been amazing .

Always interested in real estate and investing , I am now retired from formal work and business but never stop looking at opportunities. I am exploring Portugal GV for the benfits of my children, possibly retiring eventually in europe somewhere and since travel is in my blood, will love to be able to spend time among north america, europe and asia.

Travel is my number one hobby along with cooking and am a foodie as well!

1 Like

Hey there Nomads! New to the group and new to the digital nomad life. Started my journey in Mexico and now moving on to SEA. I fancy myself a teacher, but have tons of professional experience in all kinds of fields. Iā€™m a former (and hopefully able to come out of retirement) rugger and miss being on the pitch! Any fellow ruggers out there you know what Saturday is!
Thanks in advance for any info you all can help with and Iā€™ll be sure to add my $0.02 where I feel I can help.

Greetings and salutations everyone!

My name is Cole Fewin. Iā€™m a young cinematographer with a bit of experience in filmmaking already, but eager to soak up the ā€œlearning sunā€ in my horizon. As you can imagine, I LOVE films. Now that Iā€™ve helped to make one, Iā€™m excited to have opportunities to add more in the future. Hopefully this community will help me in one aspect of my growth as an individual. Iā€™ve been playing golf since the age of 3 years old and I would love to get out into the world and try playing some new courses while I expand my cinematic experiences. Pleasure to meet you all!

Cole Fewin

A post was split to a new topic: Travel rights in the EU with Golden Visa, PR vs citizenship

Please what is this site all about ?

Hi from Seattle. I would like to connect with other families who are in retiring early, have children and are considering moving to Estonia.

Hi Thomas and all!
Glad to find the group. Weā€™re on an island near Seattle, two kids near college age, and looking to early retirement in about five years. Exploring the Portuguese GV now, which is how I found you!
We do a lot of boat-related stuff here, given the proximity to water at all times. :slight_smile:
Favorite places include Africa and Ireland, but generally love traveling. Hoping to live part-time in many locations after retirement.
Thanks!
Ben

1 Like

Hi. Iā€™m Ivan. I live in LondonšŸ‡¬šŸ‡§, run a gardening businessšŸŒ“ and part time property developeršŸ . Favourite countries are Peru and Portugal. My family and I love camping and are looking to escape brexit Britain. I found this site whilst researching the Portuguese golden visa

1 Like

Hi Nomads, Iā€™m Carlos Cadiz aka - red chevy16, Iā€™m from the tropical island of Trinidad and Tobago, home of the steel pan (the only new instrument invented in the last century) and the Carnival Mecca! I must declare after reading other nomadsā€™ posts it dawned on me Iā€™m not nomadic but sporadic so I hope you guys keep me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:!
So now about me, Iā€™m an Online Entrepreneur for the last 3 years having left the corporate world to pursue my own dreams, as such I have launched a successful online University teaching Business free to anyone wishing to log in, note this is not the run of the mill teaching academy ā€œYour Mind Is My Playgroundā€, by that I mean to empty every negative thought you posses, show you how to control your subconscious mind to achieve your dreams and goals, for women I will teach you to use your greatest gift and power, ā€œYour Feminine Intuitionā€ and while I can say how many qualifications I posses, action speaks louder than words, I also own 3 Technology-based businesses which include Travel, Ride-Share, Personal Aromatherapy and Bill reduction programs, guess that good for now hope I didnā€™t overdo!

1 Like

Hello everybody!
My name is George and I live in Greece.
I have done lots of different things for work (lots of IT, administration and management).
I appreciate being around genuinely positive and authentic people who inspire me to grow and fortunately I have some truly amazing human beings in my life.
Some of my favorite places:
Santorini, Amorgos, Vovousa, Acadia National Park, Sedona, Vermont, The Grand Canyon, Lake Atitlan, The Nile, Mount Olympus, Hasankeyf, Madrid, Biarritz, Paris, Oslo, NYCā€¦
A book I would recommend is The Power of Now.
Wishing everyone the best in every way!

1 Like

Dear readers, it is such a pleasure to be tapping away my greetings; thanks for being Nomad/Gate, it seems like a joyful community to be part of. I am a ā€˜(due to COVID) formerā€™ Music Management company owner; I used to produce music events, from 1500+ seats capacity throughout the world. I now have a chance to reinvent myself, until my industry restores its normalcy; it might take another year. However, I love challenges, off I come new present.
A new beginning to continue the great journey of welcome to life.
I am a bilingual English/Spanish & CatalĆ”n speaker, can speak some Portuguese tooā€¦ a creative innovated thinker, looking for an interesting job opportunity in any legitimate, ethical industry, specially NGOs, anywhere. I could relocate given the right resources. I am an easy fast pace learner, go getter, self motivated, flexible, experience, organized hardworking individual with loads of empathy, sympathy and love to share.
Drop a line if this sounds good to you and have an idea/opportunity for me. Hope to hear from you.
Thanks a great bunch and see you around.
My best always.

PS: My bad! sorry, I was supposed to greet and meet yā€™all as well and recommend you my favorite country, all of them, please do travel as much as possible. A book? manyā€¦ ā€˜Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernowā€™ for instance, a podcast ā€™ 60 minutesā€™

Australian girl :australia: from the beautiful Mornington Peninsula in the south east of the big land (Victoria, Melbourne) :ocean:

Oceans :beach_umbrella: nature :leaves: animals :kangaroo: people :family_man_woman_girl_boy:

:cityscape: Been in big Corp jobs and got sick of the drama and commitment so started to travel. :computer: Now I do consulting remotely in marketing / digital / process and team setup.

I decided to check out Spain :es: for 3 months but arrived in February 2020ā€¦ 2 weeks before Covid. And now I guess I live in Spain :woman_shrugging:t4:

I am a dual British citizen :uk: Which was super cool, pre-brexit. Now Iā€™m trying to figure out how I can retain my lifestyle and rights to live in Southern Europe. :exploding_head: plus figuring out visas, legal rights, taxes - all the fun stuff.

Why EspaƱa? ā€¦ I like sun :sunny: But Iā€™m a long way from home and restrictions make travelling no bueno.

So Iā€™m on here for all the advice and tips, :raising_hand_woman:t4: Love the digital nomad lifestyle and looking to start some businesses :bulb: maybe in something related to property :house_with_garden: thatā€™s my jam.

Lots of love :heart:

Hi Nomads, Iā€™m Paul(28M) and Iā€™m from Singapore. Currently working as a software tester in a company for a shitty project but I have been invested into crypto, precious metals etc. Hopefully after this (painful) lesson, I want to be more location & financially independent and live off the fruits of my investments that I made over the years. Apart from research, investing, I also do yoga, swim, cycle, travel, watch comedy videos & drive around in my free time.

Finally, Iā€™m on my way to becoming a digital nomad. I have been doing research and making preparations for that fateful day I say goodbye to my current country. Interested in getting a Portugese Golden Visa after reading @tkrunningā€™s guide.

Thanks