Introduce yourself! 👋

Hi. I am Sharon. I am applying for a Golden Visa for Portugal. I am an attorney and currently live in the US with my 3 children.

Hi! I’m Amy. My husband, Scott, and I are looking to move to Portugal summer 2023 on the D7 with our dog Josie. We live in St. Louis, MO and want to try a totally new lifestyle with no car and walking everywhere and exploring and learning. I do love to garden, so not sure how that will work living in such tight quarters. Would love to hear from other gardeners who have lived in downtown Lisbon or Porto on how that worked.
Best to you all!

Hey everyone! I’m Kelly, currently living in Seattle and working as a business analyst in the entertainment industry. :eyeglasses: :notes:

Excited to explore more of this incredibly informative site and maybe one day live abroad! :sunrise_over_mountains:

Good Day,

My name is Brian and I am fortunate enough to live and own a business in the small peaceful village of Carmel-by-the-Sea. That fact is one of the only thing that keeps my family and I in California. Even though I was born here, I feel like the state that I grew up in, listening to the Beach Boys, has faded significantly! I am leaving for Portugal in April with two friends in the hopes of finding an alternative place to live (at least part of the year), with the intention of living there permanently.

Hello everyone
I am Rosemary and I have been working remotely for about 6 years now and partly remote since 2010.
I own a small company and we consult companies on all transmedia storytelling and gaming. So, for example how to use gaming to solve a business problem, or what the metaverse is and how that can be helpful for the companies. Last thing I worked on was a mental health game for a non-profit and currently am doing a concept for a social good simulation in VR. :mechanical_arm:

I also write screenplays and am working on a book this year.

I have a base in Switzerland, work mostly in California but from remote. I have a little Yorkie named Bowie that racks up airmiles :dog:

My favorite book is a Theory of Fun by Raph Kosten.
Favorite places is too tricky to answer…

Hi All,

Vinnie from New Zealand here. I’m at I.T. Professional looking to move to PT with my wife, teen and cat. Have been looking at PT for the last couple of years and am still trying to convince the wife we should sell and change our lifestyle. She’s hot and cold on the idea. I’ve got a small YouTube channel which I’d eventually like to monetize for an income eventually and after we sell the house we should have enough money to buy something up to 200k with a just enough income through investments. At the moment I’m having a hunt around for the best deals on NIF’s (nifonline.pt looks the cheapest so far) and banks (looking at Activobank atm). Looking to eventually buy inland central PT. I’m also a christian musician and would love to spend more time writing music, relaxing in the sun, cooking meat and drinking ice cold beer.

Moving to Portugal would be a major move from here - if we drilled a hole through the earth from our current location we would end up north west of Madrid not far from the Portuguese border!

Hope you’re all having a nice day!

Cheers,
Vinnie :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Everyone, I’m Biggi and I currently live somewhere out in the woods in the South Puget Sound, south of Seattle. My husband and I own a piece of land and grow about 70 to 80% of our own organic fruits and vegetables. I’ve worn many hats but right now I call myself a homesteader although we don’t have farm animals. While it’s lovely to be living off this semi wild spec of earth we are dreaming of more of a community of like-minded people in a different kind of society. I’m originally from Europe, have lived all over the World and love a slower paced world. Leaving the US is on our minds and at the moment we are both wondering about the possibility of moving to Portugal.

Antony Gamal from Egypt
work as a Road engineer in Government
Applying for study in Lisbon and hope to accepted
INTP thinker personality
hope to find good friends when i left to lisbon

I am Omolara from the US. My journey started when I studied abroad in Dubai, 11 years ago :grinning:. I have been living in Mexico for over 5 years and I currently reside in Monterrey, Mexico. I am working on Spanish and my 2nd passport (Mexico). Also working on Arabic, as I would like to get a 2nd home in Egypt and a 3rd passport there. I am an accountant and I would love to network with accountants who serve digital nomads, as I think that will be my next step in my career.

Currently watching One Punch Man and Cleopatra in Space. Reading the Seventh Scroll by Wilbur Smith and getting ready to start reading Matilda in Spanish. Considering setting my income up in a way where I can study languages full-time as I would love to learn French and Mandarin once Spanish and Arabic are completed.

What makes me tick? Relaxing and getting pampered! :woman_facepalming:t4:

Hello Everyone, Gary here from Baltimore. Married, Father of 2.

I own a company and I travel a lot to Europe, specially Spain, Portugal and Uk. Just started to investigate a little bit more about GV funds, with special focus in Portugal.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey :blush:! I’m Roman.

I’m a man of the world, doing an e-com business of selling physical goods in Europe (mainly amazon) and Russia.
I like travelling and getting new experience and exploring local cuisine.
I’m practicing meditation :person_in_lotus_position:daily. Deeply interested into personal happiness.

My recent favorite book is Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown. This affected me a lot.

1 Like

Thank you for providing this forum.

I’m about to retire as a researcher. My family makes me tick. Some favorite places are Orvis Hot Springs in Colorado USA, Skauen Gård in Gressvik, Norway, and Huahine, Tahiti. My husband and I will retire in August and we’re looking closely at Portugal as new our home base. It’s not recent, but *A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius * by Dave Eggers is a favorite book of mine. My current favorite podcast is Unapologetically Black Unicorns.

Hi everybody!
My name is Victor, I’m software engineer, currently staying in Turkey, Alanya. Although things are great here, I’m looking into getting d7 visa of Portugal and moving there in coming future. I’ve just started working remotely, and Turkey is my first “nomad” experience. You can imagine how excited I am at the moment :grinning:
I specialize in web development, feel free to contact me if I could help you in any way!

Hi all,

I am Thomas, I come from Poland but residing for 2 years in Bern in Switzerland. I work here as a Java Fullstack developer. I came here as I missed my Erasmus opportunity and wanted visit some world before I settle down in one place. I like to speak in foreign languages - english and german, travel. I came here to get to know how to handle my usual annoyances like permanent and mailng addresses. Even I my home country, I lived there like permanent “traveler”, used mail boxes of my family so I never faced a problem with receiving mails. In Poland, as long as you pay the right taxes, nobody cares about your address :slight_smile:

Thanks Thomas. We currently live near Durham NC and have just spent 6 weeks in Portugal (our 4th visit) and we are hoping to get our residency later this year

We are Andy and Candida. I am originally from the UK and have lived and worked in the USA for about 45 years now. Candida is Brazilian and has lived and worked here in the USA for about 35 years.
We are hoping to move to Portugal later this year and escape the toxic political atmosphere and the instability.
We heard constantly on our visits that Portugal is tranquil and secure, and we found it so as well as delightful people and a very reasonable cost of living.
I retired from Caterpillar 13 years ago and have been volunteering with Habitat for Humanity since then.
We look forward to what we can learn here and what we might be able to contribute.

Hi everyone,

I’m Yu-Lan, originally Belgian, from Bruges. My mum is Chinese and I grew up in a Chinese restaurant. I moved to London about 7 years ago have recently changed jobs, joining a Trust & Safety startup as Head of Operations. The company is fully remote and I’m just venturing into nomading around - starting in Mexico, with my partner.

Excited to be here!

1 Like

Hello, I’m Chalky from the UK and I travelled extensively during RAF service, but rarely stopped to smell the coffee. My wife and I are about to take a little test trip (18 days with the dog
) to ensure all three of us enjoy travelling together. As long as that works out, we’ll be heading to Eastern Europe to buy some investment properties with a view to living outside of the UK and all other high tax countries.

Initially it will be travelling, however we are likely to settle for a few countries to live in for a few months each year, hence will be looking for advice on a variety of issues.

Looking forward to searching the forums and interacting with you.

Dear Community,

I’m Rahim Lakhani and I go with the handle @rahimlakhani . I’m an Indian-Canadian and about to be Portuguese in a few years!

I run a family office based in Lisbon specially focused on Real Estate in the areas of hospitality, student housing and luxury villa developments. We do this by private joint ventures, venture capital investment fund and other financing systems. We are licensed by Bank of Portugal and by Portuguese Securities Commission and offer golden visa eligible products.

I’m here in this community to help and offer advise to those seeking from our experience over the last 3-4 yrs in Portugal. Always available for a chat by Whatsapp or zoom and you’re welcome to visit us anytime at the office in Lisbon or a lunch in one of our amazing Indian restaurants :grinning:

Cheers to an amazing life ahead.

Rahim Lakhani

Howdy! My name is Garrett and my wife, Suzanne, and I are looking to retire to Portugal! Our attorneys turned our application in to what was then the SEF in late December '21. At any rate, we are looking to establish a new “Euro-centric” lifestyle and travel through Europe (and the world!). I found this site while exploring the topics of current immigration delays in Portugal and Expat taxes for US citizens. I’ve already learned so much and I hope to be able to contribute knowledge here as a retired Architect/Builder interested in launching into a remodel/home construction project in Portugal in the next few years.

Cheers!