Here are my fav places :slight_smile:

• LA
  • Porto
  • SF
  • Vienna
    -Budapest
  • Bangkok

now I’m exploring the Golden visa Portugal

if you have any concerns please do not hesitate to text me k?

See ya around!

Hi All, great to join your community :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m Richard Vall. My primary occupation - lawyer. Hobby - kite surfing, travelling and blogging. I live in Vilnius (Lithuania).

Hey everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

Great to connect with you - I’m Ali, currently in France. Favourite places are anywhere quiet, surrounded by trees or anywhere where there’s water as I love paddle boarding and kayaking :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I’m James and I’m an entertainment host aboard carnival cruise line. Moving forward in my career I will be traveling on my vacations so it’ll be nice being a part of this community. Basically I’ll be a nomad whenever I’m not working on ships!

Looking forward to the discussions :grin:

Hi, my name is Renat.
I am from Russia, but I have lived in Thailand for the last 10 years.
I’ve been working as a web developer for more than 10 years, now it’s mostly Ruby, JavaScript stack, but I’m looking around and trying all new technologies.
I plan to start a few IT projects and a few training courses.

Looking forward Nomadgate!

Hello all. My name is Randeep and currently residing in Washington DC. Planning to move to Europe (Portugal most likely) in the next t years or so. Would love to just have a PT job to be connected and be part/contribute to the community.
Also, thank you guys for all the help that y’all provide. Really appreciated!

1 Like

Greetings! Excited to join the Nomadgate group. My wife and I are planning to retire to Portugal. Very excited about this next stage in our lives. One spot that has our eyes at the moment is Tavira, anyone with any experience there? Regardless of where we end up we are looking for a little adventure in life while we can still get it.

Looking forward to connecting.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Glad to join your community. I am a drilling engineer retired from Chevron International in 2016. Since then I learned Swift, developed a few apps for IOS and decided that stock market trading and investing is more fun for me than coding. Stock market was more like hobby for me during the last 15 years and I read a lot about various investing technics. Company stock research is not only fun but also keeps me up to date on world events plus helps me for living. By the way, I live in St. Peterburg, Russia at the moment and plan go to Portugal if everything goes right next year or so. :wink:

Thanks for your welcome message.

Cheers,
Sergei

1 Like

Hi hi! So glad that this site/forum exists! My partner and I will be working on the Golden Visa for Portugal this year. The resources here are so helpful. We would also love to connect with others who are going through the process!

1 Like

Hello.

I’d like to get my family the flexibility of an EU passport, but we don’t have the funds to do so yet. Early stage learning about the process. I’m leaning towards a commercial property in Lisbon that needs renovation or an investment fund.

So many questions, but I’m taking this super seriously.

Impressive :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, my name is Sandra, and I have recently moved to Malta to pursue my passion for diving - I found Nomadgate when googling options for my residency application today - very helpful article, by the way, thanks for that!!
I just lived in Berlin for 15 years and am ready for warmer weather and milder climate - since I have now a remote job, I am attempting to live the dream and be by the ocean.
:ocean: I am currently pursuing my dive master training here in Malta :ocean:
As a diver I am actually planning on travelling a lot in the near future, so I liked the idea of meeting like minded spirits and being able to exchange experiences.
Thanks for this lovely space! :pray:
Sandra

1 Like

Hello all!

My name is Chandra. I am Brazilian and Portugues, and I am currently living in Portugal.
I am Project Manager & Marketing - being freelance for 2 years from now.

My fav cities are:
Lisbon
Auckland
Berlin
Rio de Janeiro

I love to practice yoga in my free time, go to the beach (why I am still in Lisbon) and enjoy good food.

Xx

1 Like

Hello, I am Nataliya currently live in Toronto. Love travelling, seeing new places, enjoy the nature, hiking. In my spare time I work on my paintings. Often getting inspired by travelling. In a few years planning to retire and considering Portugal. After a few times visiting Azores we started thinking of getting some property there. Seems like lots of choices and it makes us more curious.

Hi everyone and thank you for having me :raised_hands:t3:
Pretty new to this and don’t even know if I’m posting this message where it’s supposed to be posted lol.

My name is Jana and I always loved the idea of traveling and working online, I got more into it when I started a long distance relationship Belgium - Trinidad. My sister also moved to another country so basically I want to work online and travel to see the people I love. Working online is not a problem. I know what I want to do and have been working online in Belgium as a freelancer. Now the only problem is working outside of Europe/ taxes/ …

Anyone that has experience with having a business registered in the Caribbean (work permit purposes) but being a Belgian resident?
When I am physically in Trinidad I need a work permit to be allowed to work there, eventho my clients are Belgian. So I would be working under my Trinidadian business.
When being back in Belgium, can I continue to work under my Trinidadian business and pay my taxes in Trinidad?

Eventually (probably next year) I am migrating to the Caribbean but for now I am looking for some solutions. Feel free to drop a comment/ advice :grin::upside_down_face::sunglasses:

Hello, I’m Carlos.

I’m currently living in :brazil: actually in Indaiatuba, Sao Paulo.
I have Electrical Engineering graduation and MBA in Project Management.

I am not a nomad at the moment but this is a dream to come true in some moment in my life.
I’m an embedded software developer and looking for remote work.
I like to travel, going to new places and live there for some time.

Hi, I’m Jim. Retired and currently living in San Luis Potosí, Mexico. My wife retired about 7 month ago and we decided to explore the world. We started by applying for and getting our permanent residency in Mexico. We lived in Florida 40+ years but I was born in Brooklyn, New York and my wife was born in Compton, California. 
      I joined here hoping to help people with their dreams and sharing some of my knowledge of Mexico both the good and the bad. I can also give general info on how to apply for and get a Permanent Residency Visa in Mexico.
       Our next “adventure” will hopefully begin in September when we hope to move to Europe but before that we need to apply for our D7 visa in Portugal. I must admit I am a bit intimidated by the requirements, It’s not qualifying that intimidates me, it’s gathering all necessary documents, getting a NIF, signing a year lease in advance and opening a bank account before ever being approved.
       That’s my story in a nutshell. I’m happy to be here and if anyone is wondering I am VERY happy 😃  with life in general….
                        Ps… I don’t use a lot of emojis but a threw a happy face in to follow the posting rules….🤣

Hello!

I am Rob! It is great to be here. I had been reading some great information here for a while, but finally decided to formally join now.

I am in the process of obtaining a Portugal GV for my family and I. We purchased some property in Evora to qualify. It is currently being renovated for rental down the road (hopefully in a few months). We have obtained preliminary approval from SEF and are awaiting biometrics. Hopefully not too long.

Hope I can learn from others and share some of my information.

1 Like

Hi, This is Thushanth from Srilanka. Entrepreneur, Digital Marketer, ect…

HI All! I’m Steve (or Steven) and I’ve only just recently started researching things like the Portugal Golden Visa. My wife and I are both nearing retirement age, and we are considering the possibility that the political environment in the US may soon become too toxic for us. Portugal is looking like a fantastic option to extract ourselves and our sanity from that. We had previously looked at NZ and Canada as potential spots for relocation, but found that my wife’s rheumatoid arthritis meant that we would automatically be rejected for residency. Fortunately, Portugal doesn’t seem to pose the same problem!

We are both research scientists (physics :atom_symbol:), with a passion for music :musical_note:, nature :evergreen_tree:, art :paintbrush:, and our children :family_man_woman_girl_girl:. We’ve never lived outside the US, but have traveled to many countries, including:

Latvia :latvia:
UK :uk:
Iceland :iceland:
Canada :canada:
Mexico :mexico:
Belize :belize:
Greece :greece:
Italy :it:
Turkey :tr:
Japan :jp:

Looking forward to adding Portugal :portugal: to the list soon!