Introduce yourself! 👋

Hi, my name is Kal Deutsch, from the San Francisco Bay Area. We are interested in getting a property in Portugal as part of the Gold Visa program. Mainly focused on Porto. Have begun to research neighborhoods, but still learning. Our main focus right now is finding a real estate agent we trust.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,
Kathryn from the US here, planning on relocating to the Azores with 3 dogs and my long time friend with his 2 cats. We will be traveling there soon and are looking at 3 of the islands to purchase separate homes near to each other as we are in our 60s and retired. Looking for peace and tranquility away from the rest of this crazy world. Looking forward to new lives and making new friends in the beautiful islands. hugs:

2 Likes

Hi!! Greetings from the heart of Southamerica!!!
This is Carlos from Paraguay :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
A very hot country (temps reach 41 Celsius on summer) :joy:, but with very nice people.
Got a small family with one little girl (5 yrs), my wife and my grown up boy (19).
Its great to be here.
We love to go to the beach on vacation!!

3 Likes

Hello, everyone,
This is Ramit. I am from India, professionally qualified as an architect. Like to travel and have a good time. Am here basically because I wanted to explore the possibilities offered by the e-Residency visa program by Estonia. Hope to find something good, and do something memorable. Will keep you guys posted.
Regards

Hello,
This is Roger. My wife Susan and I live in Austin, TX and hope to retire in Europe with a base in Portugal. We are interested in the Portugal GV by Fund investment program.
Cheers

Hello All,
I just discovered this community, and I think it is fantastic!
This is Valerio, I was born in Italy, but after traveling the world and living in several countries, given the current dictatorial trend of the world, I am looking forward to be able to finish a lengthy and difficult refitting of a sailing boat, to move in it and live on board, becoming a truly nomadic being.
Best regards and infinite blessings to all nomads and wannabes

Hi All,

Jim here, currently living in :jp: , but husband and I are just beginning to explore the :portugal: Golden Visa scheme, with the aim of ending up in :it:.

Very glad to have found this site and everyone’s helpful advice. :pray: As I begin to dig into threads, I’m sure I’ll be asking for more of your wisdom! :bowing_man:

Cheers!

Hello

We are retired couple from the USA and currently staying in Portugal and love the way of Life here. Seriously contemplating a relocation. The D-7 seems like are ticket to improved Life style. Could use a little help about the requirements in Portugal for that especially the income minimums. Thank for excepting us on this website.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
Felix here. I’m a web developer from :de:, just moved to :portugal: Lisbon. Already enjoying the warm climate and Portuguese hospitality. Moving within the EU as an EU citizen was easy. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. I’m also knowledgeable about crypto so happy to chat about that as well. Looking forward to some interesting discussions on here.

1 Like

Hello

Recently arrived in Castelo Branco and are seeking affordable Farm to retire at

1 Like

Where in the same situation did you purchase a House?

This what i found but the majority of the websites are Lawyers with out dated info

To present your application, you will need
Proof that you have income that allows you to live in Portugal.To be eligible, you must have income or pensions amounting for 12 months: €7.200 for the first adult; €3.600 for second or more adults; €2.160 per children. You must provide 6-months of bank statements.

Hi All,

My name is Dominique, I now live in the UK with my husband, 2 teenagers and 2 very silly dogs. We were previously living in China (Shanghai) and Hong Kong and pre-kids I have also lived in Spain, Brazil and Thailand (both that all feels like another life time). Fav places to visit: Mongolia and Flores Island in Indonesia. I have dabbled in all sorts bits and pieces over the years and am now a yoga teacher specializing in people with chronic problems such as pain, diabeties, joint replacement, athritis etc. My husband works in retail consultancy. Good books… Captain Corelli’s Mandolin, Homo Deus, Power of Geography

Hi everyone!

I’m Lulu, an artist :woman_artist:from London, UK :uk:. I’ve lived in France :fr:, Brazil :brazil:, Portugal :portugal:… travelled loads when I was younger and planning to move back to Portugal permanently. Currently trying to wade my way through the joys of the Golden Visa application, but fun times ahead!

1 Like

Greetings all.

Am happy to have found this valuable cave of wonders! :slightly_smiling_face:

I am Belgian, amateur photographer, and following 27 years in Dubai am now in Turkey. My startup connects sustainability, print & trade show events globally.

Best.
Ralph

Hello: I am currently trying to be a nomad. I love traveling!

Hello
I am Adriana. I am currently applying for the golden visa for Portugal. I was born in Colombia but have lived most of my life in the US. I am in Italy at the moment.

Hi all I’m Jo, an American new to the remote work/lifestyle and looking to use it as a launching point for a better quality of life. This is a great resource filled with interesting people, hopefully I can provide benefit to the community.

1 Like

Hello everyone, my name is Olga, I am from Russia and at the moment I live in Belgium. Due to family circumstances, I am studying the issue of the Portuguese Golden Visa. From this point of view, I really liked this site: the issues discussed are relevant, users are precise in their comments. Thank you commentators!

2 Likes

Hello/Guten Tag/Bonjour/Hola fellow adventurers – I am an American pretending to know more than English…still open to learning other languages with the help of my European and Latin friends.

I plan to live seasonally between N. America and Europe with a little Asia thrown in starting in a few years if personal and financial plans work out. I completed my first trip to Portugal last August and am looking to buy a place since PT is swell : ) I have traveled mostly on business but some personal to Germany, Netherlands, Korea, China, PT, Japan and Belgium. Loved meeting people there who treated me so well.

What makes me tick is what makes me and happy – truly kind and intelligent people even when the bowl of life’s cherries has quite a few pits.

I trail run, kayak, teach myself new stuff, and try to eat healthy (veggies). I love the beach but have found myself in landlocked Las Vegas for quite some time but the desert in beautiful too.

Feel free to say hi and would love to hear from other happy and hopeful folks!

2 Likes

Hi everyone! My partner and I have decided to take the plunge and move to Portugal. We have visited several times and love the people, culture and geography. We are applying for a GV. I hope to get advice in this site about the process, about finding a location to look for a house and about adjusting to life away from the US. It will be the start of retirement for both of us.