Italian Investor Visa

Hi everyone!
Did anyone ever considered the Italian Investor Visa as investment migration program to enter Schengen Area?
It is pretty straightforward and relatively accessibel due to its minimum investment of 250k.
It also can lead to a very interesting tax regime for HNWI or people willing to move to Southern Italy.

Someone who already applied to this program who wants to share experience?

Anyone interested in the program as an alternative to the Portuguese Golden Visa?

3 Likes

I’m also interested and would like to hear from those with experience. As I understand, the 250k option is for investment in innovative startups founded within 48 months of your application. I’d like to know how to identify eligible startups and if there’s some kind of directory; and if you’re expected to approach the company, yourself, with an offer.

Hi Nick,

here is the directory of Innovative companies that potentially are eligible for the program:

However it would be very complex to indetify a possible investment because as you can see there are almost 13k companies registered. Moreover, we are speaking of private placement so the investor should seek companies that are currently fundraising and open to non-institutional investors.

We manage a portfolio of companies that are open to this kind of investors that we keep always up to do date if you are interested.

3 Likes

Do you have an Italian based fund of these companies or is it a choice of a particular start up? Also, if a person invests for the Italian GV, is there a minimum residence requirement per year and what other expenses are there? Where are you based? Thank you.

1 Like

Some killer features of this Golden Visa:

• Not even needing the 7 days each year
  • Approval before investment

But searching online the program is very unclear about years 6 to 10
First 2 Years: Initial Investor Visa
Years 3-5: Renewed Investor Visa
Years 6-10: Permanent Residency (does that mean you have to live there? Can you get Investor Visa for these 5 years instead or 2x 3 year renews)
Year 10: Apply for citizenship

I’m curious about Visa’s with:

• Minimal cost (EUR 600,000 or less inc all gov/legal/travel fees)
  • Minimal “time on the ground” to obtain citizenship (< 1 month per year, but ideally PT style “visit for 14 days every 2 years”)
  • EU (or Swiss) Citizenship

PT seems like the best and only option that meets all 3

I think the thing you have to look at with these visas is whether or not there is an actual realistic chance of getting the citizenship, if that’s important to you. The Greece one is cheap, and in theory it’s available in 7 years, but word on the ground is that it’s near impossible to actually get naturalized unless you really, really become Greek. The Spanish one just does not provide a path at all.

I am frankly amazed that any of these programs still exist without more of a boots-on-ground requirement.

2 Likes

I’m realistically aiming for permanent residency, citizenship isn’t a priority for me.

Looking to reopen this thread now that the GV path in Portugal is closed. Wondering if anyone has updates or info on the Italy optiom?? I heard about the Elective Residency Visa.

Sure, I am also interested in any information in connection with that

The Portuguese gv is not closed, though it is slow and has different investment options now

1 Like

To qualify for the Italian Investor Visa, applicants must:

• Be non-EU citizens.
  • Invest in one of the following options:
    • A minimum of 2,000,000 euros in Italian government bonds.
    • A philanthropic donation of at least 1,000,000 euros to support public interest projects in culture, education, immigration management, scientific research, or the preservation of cultural and natural heritage.
    • An investment of 500,000 euros in an existing Italian company.
    • A 250,000 euros investment in an innovative startup in Italy.
  • Direct their investment to a single entity and maintain it for the visa’s duration.
  • Have a clean criminal record and legally acquired financial assets in their name.
  • Investments can also be made through foreign legal entities since September 2019.