Language required for citizenship - GV

Hi mike , i contacted with them recently via messenger ( face book ) they are waiting at the moment they are in the mid of register students for october class , they will annouce as soon as jan class start. As i will be in portugal in nov i will heading to their office and i will ask about incharge person and i will share infor here.

1 Like

Thanks Zayd, do you mind sharing the contact number you manage to reach them at? I initially contacted them for October too but they never replied…

Hey Chris, how long does it take to get the CIPLE A2 Portuguese exam results? Can you apply for citizenship using the results from the website or do you need to wait for the official certificate to be issued?

Cheers.

Took the test July 20 and results were available September 8. Six weeks appears to be the normal time period. They provide you with a certificate that you pick up from the U of Lisboa (or you can designate someone to pick up for you) and this is what you need (I would assume) to provide. Once the results are ready the certificate is ready so you’re not really waiting. They do not mail certificates btw…you have to pick them up. I asked if they retain them since I had already left Portugal and they told me they do and no problem picking up next year when I am there.

3 Likes

Hi Mike. I e-mailed them at edpropt@yahoo.com and got reply. They do have number on reply for a manager, Katherine, DM me for phone number. Hope this is helpful. It’s around 12 hours a week for 3 4-hour blocks.

Moderator edit: Phone number removed for GDPR reasons.

1 Like

EdPro sent me an email with the details of the Oct-Dec sessions:

Batch 1 Batch 2
Start and End Oct 16, 2023 to Dec 11, 2023 Oct 16, 2023 to Dec 11, 2023
Online/In-Campus Online Online
Time (Lisbon time) 14:00-18:00 (4 hours) 09:00-13:00 (4 hours)
Class/Days Monday To Friday Monday To Friday
Learners attendance/courses policy
Registrations PLA Registration Form

They didn’t mention the cost, but when I asked them earlier they said it’s generally in the range of €400 – €1,000.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info , honestly from my view any amount will be valuable cause the period is very reasonanle 8 weeks . And no A2 exam . I count down to take the course as soonest in new year .

2 Likes

I have been in touch with them, the tuition fees for the last session which started in September was 250 Euros. For this session they are doing price discrimination depending on the individual situation you are in, they will pick a random number like 850 or 400 depending on who is contacting them. If it’s a GV holder then the rates are at a higher end of the spectrum, bit strange but it is what it is.

Interesting. I was quoted 750EUR. While I understand they want to make Portuguese language schooling more accessible, I don’t love willingess to pay pricing, but it’s still affordable in grand scheme of things.

Also the schedule Thomas provided I think was weekday schedule as they also have a weekend one they proved to me which is different.

1 Like

After the course conclusion, they give you the A2 certificate which is needed for the naturalization application correct?

Yes . I talked with them as well . They confirmed after passing online A1-A2 PLA online . It will be acceptable for that without CIPLE A2 exam

1 Like

Thank you very much for that valuable information.

Hello everyone,
Has anyone started the course? How intense is it? Tests, assignments, orals? It’s 4 hours a day, do you get breaks? Do we have to do homework?
What are we in for?

1 Like

Hello Sohaib, they are neither qualified to teach nor qualified to certify you. However, they are the facilitators of a PLA institution which does all the heavy lifting and certification. Any PLA certification is valid for the PR or the citizenship application.

1 Like

Hello @alirezamgt ,

Hope you are doing well. Did you get any updated information from Edpro? Website says registration is open for Course in Jan. https://www.edpropt.org/pla-registration-form

Hope you are in Portugal or planning to visit soon :slight_smile: Did you get confirmation that, post completion of Português Língua de Acolhimento (PLA) Course Level A1/A2 online, then A2 Language Test (CIPLE) for Portuguese Citizenship is not required?

1 Like

Hi yes

Just i wanted to update on this monday :joy:. Yes they contact me and there is 2 classes on jan one of them started from 15th jan 2024 - 8th march 2024 morning classes . 9-13 - 5 days in a week - 4 hours .

The other one started from 22 jan till some day in april evening class .

The amount they propsed is 630 euro .

And they confirmed after passing this class A1-A2 no need to exam CIPLE for citizenship and the certificate they will issued by third party totally cover all these .

Regards

2 Likes

Thank you.

As i asked them when you pass the class based on their instruction - 90% availibility and follow all instructor request you will have the certificate - and based there explanations no need CIPLE A2 exam for citizenship . The PLA certificate os quite enought .but i strongly recomend contact with them as well and make sure from your side as well . They convience me for any questions i had and they explained to me via emails.

Regards

1 Like

I read somewhere that it’s possible to test out of A1 and just do the A2 PLA course, which is only 75 hours. (A1 and A2 combined is 150 hours).

75 hours would only be 2 weeks full time, or 4 weeks halftime.

@tkrunning do you know if EdPro offers that option? I imagine with some self study it’s not too hard to test out of the A1 half.

You can start A2 directly with a placement test with almost all the language centres at the universities. However, with the PLA institute its a case by case basis and there are very limited number of institutes providing just an A2, last time i checked all of them are offline at the moment and EdPro doesn’t do an A2 alone. I have attached the list for your reference:
https://www.acm.gov.pt/documents/10181/1480867/Cursos-PLA-Escolas-Publicas-2023-2024.pdf/3e834b58-0b25-4cfc-8fb3-c9ff4c64ad50

1 Like