Law firms that can secure biometrics appointments

Can anyone recommend a law firm that is good at getting the bio metrics appointments? Rumors suggest some places are able to get them, while my law firm doesn’t seem to have gotten appointments for any of their clients for a long time.

I’d also be interested in getting names of lawyers who have secured biometrics appointment for anyone here. Thanks.

1 Like

@taufiq.choudhury
My lawyer secured biometrics but I would not recommend them. Why? Because of lack of transparency and openness. Everything is a secret and I am not copied on communications between SEF and lawyers. When I call them out about not providing a login to the SEF ARI portal, they tell me it is not possible. Finally after repeated requests they relent and provide a login but it is an unnecessarily difficult process to login. Why are all of these games necessary? The lawyers I used are not unique in this. I have heard from dozens and dozens of people who are not provided login to the ARI portal. Is it because the lawyers are afraid if people see how easy it is to upload documents to the portal, the lawyer will be obsolete? That’s the only reason I can imagine. For any lawyers reading this: Concealment and obfuscation is NEVER the answer. Do better and build meaningful client relationships based on trust.

1 Like

I understand and agree with you. I am an immigration lawyer in New Zealand and USA and I always share login etc with my clients where legally possible simply because it saves me time and keeps clients informed. about their cases.

With the lawyer in Portugal I’m unhappy because they seem to have given up after a few attempts. Now I’ve asked another lawyer who promises not to give up. But I’m not sure about his capabilities.

That is why I’m looking for a lawyer who has a track record of success.

Thanks for getting back to me anyway.

Regards

Taufiq

1 Like

I don’t understand that. Are you referring to GV application? Because that should not take multiple attempts to submit an application.

No, trying to get a biometrics appointment. My GV application was submitted in mid-2019 and was pre approved within a few weeks. However, I wasn’t able to schedule and attend a biometrics appointment although I was invited to do so. Then came covid, and I wasn’t able to travel. Since June this year, my lawyer has been trying to get a rescheduled appointment without success.

Sorry to hear that your lawyers have unsuccessfully been trying to schedule a biometrics appointment for almost 3 years now. You seem remarkable calm if this is, in fact, your situation.