Options to create an overseas online Bank account for argentinians

Hi! I am from Argentina and we have a serious issue to have our savings safe.

I tried PayPal but I have a .AR account so that´s not good, I need a bank account anywhere else to link another Paypal Account to it or another option like Payoneer or whatever. Bear in mind that in Argentina we CAN¨T go to an ATM to withdraw dollars (I have a few dollars in my Paypal account want to keep my new account in dollars).

So, is there a way to open, no in-person, just online, a bank account in any country to receive payments from the U.S.A? and to withdraw it with no problem? ok, maybe I have to travel to Uruguay to get an ATM to pick up the money, but it can be done, the real thing is to get an overseas bank account that can´t be blocked by my country

Thanks in advance for any help.

I’ve been using Payoneer. It’s not a bank account, but at least you can keep your savings somewhere else :wink:

Hi, Alex and thanks for your reply.

I think you should also be able to qualify for a TransferWise Borderless account. It’s less restrictive than a Payoneer account (the latter only allows you to receive payments from companies, so you can’t transfer your own funds there).

1 Like

You can open a TW account with just and address anywhere (use Aerolíneas Cargo for instance) or any other address, and you can register with it, and the the card, and in the meantime use the US bank account.
I’ve a PayPal account also from AR, and linked the transferwise US bank account with no trouble.

1 Like

Hi Anon and Fabricio,

Im looking for a international account in USD with international credit/debit card, can you pls suggest any option included the following terms?

• no US or EU residency
  • an account which receives payments/transfers from third parties
  • can issue international wires

Your insights are highly appreciated

Leonardo

You can open a Transferwise borderless account, stating you’re living in any European country, because if you open ie an account saying you are in Argentina, you cannot have a US account with Bank number etc.

You’ll have and us bank account at your name, an European account, etc.
You’ll also be able to receive and send bank transfer as with any bank.
To receive, for me at least, the best method is PayPal, massively used, relatively low commissions… And you can transfer PayPal to your TW bank account.

The only thing is the debit card, you need them to send it to Spain, France, whatever. There’s plenty of option to get an address by month in any of these so they forward all mailing to your home address.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Hi Fabricio!

I was just wondering, do you actually have to prove that you live in the EU in any sort of form (gas, telephone bill, etc.)? or is providing a friend’s address enough ?

I’m trying to have a higher probability of being able to open a EUR account. Any tips are much welcome!

Thanks!

I’m so sorry for the delay!
No, no proof of residence or any other thing, just filling the address and showing the passport was ok (no visa or borders stamp was necessary on the passport either)

Sorry again! Hope t goes ok,