Renewing GV - 2nd card - Process

Hello all,
My first residency card has 7 months to go and I need to start the renewal process to get my second card. Has anyone done this recently? How does it all start? Will I get a letter from SEF to let me know that I can look for an appointment?
Any help/clarity on the is much appreciated as I am doing it alone.

Thanks
Andrew

I did it myself. And was wondering if someone had renewed themselves. And had experience in the process and timelines.
I find it best not to imagine how I think a government process should be run… although you are probably close to right.

Thankyou, that is very useful.

1 Like

May I ask what path did you take for your GV process? Real estate or funds? If real estate which company did you work with to acquire the property? Thanks.

I bought some hotel rooms in the Algarve with Pestana. Good company, amazing service and they have been absolutely amazing with getting what ever documents I need and access to their lawyers to help.

Hi Andy,

Which hotel did you go with Pestana? I’m also in contact in one of your agents and would appreciate if you have experience with their projects. Is it a hotel already in operation? Is there a buyback agreement?

Many thank!
Sherry

Bumping this topic again. For the renewal can anyone give clarity on the process?

For example, do you need to upload documents to ARI portal, or only bring them to the SEF appointment?
Do you have to pay prior to appointment, at appointment, or does SEF send a payment request via DUC at a later time?
I think i read renewal timing is 3 months prior to card expiration. Can anyone confirm?

SEF has info on its website about exact renewal requirements so I think that part is clear.
This one is for 30 year old rehab, but generally the requirements are the same for other classes.
iv_constructiondatingbackmorethan30years_ren.pdf (sef.pt)