SEF Appointment Timelines

Hi, would anyone know how long it takes to get an SEF approval at this time? We submitted our application more than 2 months ago and it’s still marked as not approved in the system until now. Should we be alarmed or are we still on track? How has the experience been for others?
Many Thanks as always

1 Like

My application was submitted at the end of July and I still haven’t gotten pre-approved. Apparently some people at SEF are extremely slow (according to my attorneys). 23 weeks and counting…

1 Like

We share status here: Awaiting Biometrics (Stage 3). You may not need to read all the notes, but you will get a more recent picture of timelines if you read the last few submissions - eg from December 2021.
Basically, there is quite a backlog for SEF biometric appointments. The good news is that since 17 December 2021, appointments have been scheduled in chronological order. My lawyer confirms that as a general rule lawyers have already been notified and been able to make appointments (until March 2022) for all clients who were pre-approved until 3rd quarter of 2020. Hopefully this will clear much of the backlog. But, unless I missed it, I have not seen anyone with pre-approval from Q4 2020 to Q4 2021 confirming an appointment via the new chronological order system. So, like you, many of us who achieved pre-approval since Q4 2020 or are close to pre-approval (normally <12 -14 weeks) are waiting for the backlog to clear & for notification of when we might be able to schedule an appointment.
Edit: Roger points out that SEF have reached up to May 2021: SEF Scheduling Update - #20 by joseph.c.lapierre

2 Likes

Completed application Sep 27 last year. Approved Jan 14 2022.

2 Likes

Look at this post: SEF Scheduling Update - #20 by joseph.c.lapierre
It indicates appointment booking notification reached Feb 2021 pre-approval.

1 Like

Hey guys, screenshot regarding some updates from SEF Facebook page!

Do they mean T1 2021 application Date or from pre approval date ?

Cheers
Joe

1 Like

From Preapproval date

1 Like

Completed application on Oct 27, 2021. Still waiting the pre approval. :pensive:

1 Like

The press release implies it is from pre-approval date, but evidence seems to indicate they are going from application date (but, I assume only for those who have pre-approvals at the time of the opening of appointment slots).