SEF Appointment Timelines

We share status here: Awaiting Biometrics (Stage 3). You may not need to read all the notes, but you will get a more recent picture of timelines if you read the last few submissions - eg from December 2021.
Basically, there is quite a backlog for SEF biometric appointments. The good news is that since 17 December 2021, appointments have been scheduled in chronological order. My lawyer confirms that as a general rule lawyers have already been notified and been able to make appointments (until March 2022) for all clients who were pre-approved until 3rd quarter of 2020. Hopefully this will clear much of the backlog. But, unless I missed it, I have not seen anyone with pre-approval from Q4 2020 to Q4 2021 confirming an appointment via the new chronological order system. So, like you, many of us who achieved pre-approval since Q4 2020 or are close to pre-approval (normally <12 -14 weeks) are waiting for the backlog to clear & for notification of when we might be able to schedule an appointment.
Edit: Roger points out that SEF have reached up to May 2021: SEF Scheduling Update - #20 by joseph.c.lapierre

2 Likes