Verify Revolut Card- Does the ID matter?

So I recently opened up a Revolut bank account. My first bank account since I left my home country Germany and used my new Maltese address.

The next step to top-up a higher amount is the verification by ID. I don’t have a Maltese ID yet. I could just use my German one, or my drivers license, however I don’t want them to think I am still connected to Germany to avoid any kind of reporting. I am not doing anything illegal, but AFAIK bank are forced to report new accounts to the country of residence of whoever opens that account(?).

So my question: Does it matter which ID I use? Should I wait until I get my Maltese one(didn’t even apply yet :persevere: ).

2 Likes

hiya,

how do you get Maltese ID? name of that ID? Does it has MRZ code?

thnxxx

Hey @lukas, I didn’t see your question before. Did you already get this sorted or do you still need our input?

1 Like

All sorted! :grinning:

1 Like

Hiya,

I’m just curious. May I ask how do u sorted it out? Do u opened by your German or Maltese ID finally? If u opened by German ID, because of your nationality, how are u sure that u will not reported to Germany as well as Malta, while u are German living in Malta?

Anyone has an advise, feel free and welcome to contribute to this question please.

Thnxx