Accounting Software for Canada

Hi there, can anyone recommend the best accounting software for a Canadian business?

Kind regards,
Julie

By far the best and easiest is Xero Accounting Software – Do Beautiful Business | Xero CA
Do not use Quickbooks it’s useless… Xero is the worlds largest actually owned by Xerox

1 Like

That will depend what kind of business you have. We are in real estate investment and QuickBooks has been perfect for us. We have accounting firm to do our taxes and they have access to our QuickBooks account. We are using QuickBooks for more than 10 years now. They might give you a discount for one year but after that their fee is $39.99 month. So far so good.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice :slight_smile: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Noted, I will check them out just in case :slight_smile:

1 Like

You need to investigate Xero… I guarantee once you do you will trash your QuickBooks… I have used them all… Unless… you have very complex real estate holdings… I have real estate development with construction activities in the high seven-digit values… only at that point do I use standalone specialized software… here is a link of some reviews Construction Accounting Software - Prices & Reviews - Capterra Canada 2023

Xero software was founded in New Zealand and is a publicly listed company on the Australian Stock Exchange. Not certain that there is any connection with Xerox. I agree that Quickbooks is a good bet, I’ve used it for a number of years.