Essential travel?

Hi everyone, we are planned to come to portugal jn July to look for a house as a prep for the golden visa process. Will it be considered as essential travel due to current travel restrictions?

Hi @arielcohen, right now you cannot enter with a tourism Visa :expressionless:
Unless you travel for work reasons, have a fiscal residence, come to do the biometric, you cannot come.
Wait for things come better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. and Portugal open for tourism

Thanks for the comments !!
Do you think we should expect some changes by July ? (we are fully vaccinated)

You should know by May :ok_hand:

Essential travel is defined on current Portugal government sites. See:
https://imigrante.sef.pt/en/covid-19/faqs/
OR

Site is in Portuguese. Chrome browser translates

Speaking as a U.S. citizen who has an active Portuguese Golden Visa residency card (GRP card) that’s valid through December 2021, I am still not certain of a few things despite reading these and other sources, and was wondering if anyone could advise me:

• We are fully vaccinated and have the cards to prove it. Can I go to the Madeira islands without having to quarantine?
  • Same question, but for Lisboa? That is, as GV residents would we be able to go into Lisboa (remember we have active GRP cards).

Best,

TK

The essential in travelling are knowing the Do’s and Don’t’s of the destination you are travelling with. Because it will help you not to get into trouble. The more knowledge you had on the place the more you will enjoy and safer.