Traveling to Portugal with GV card - Covid procedure

Good morning all,
I am about to go to Portugal. I have my first residence card on the GV program. What covid tests do I need to do to fly there?
Thanks
Andrew

1 Like

You may have this by now, but if not, here is the latest guidance: COVID-19 | Measures implemented in Portugal | www.visitportugal.com.

• A valid vaccination EU Digital COVID Certificate (with a complete vaccination schedule or with a complete vaccination schedule and a vaccine booster)
    - Or a valid test or recovery EU Digital COVID Certificate ,
  • Or a valid vaccination certificate (with a complete vaccination schedule or a vaccine booster) or recovery certificate issued by a third country, under reciprocal conditions.

Hi Andy, it all depends on your country of departure and your destination in Portugal.
Portugal is a big country. They have 3 different regions with each having their own Covid rules for entry.

Best course of action is to check the official sources for this information, they are usually pretty clear.
I use this source for myself:

I really like Sherpa for looking up travel rules. Very convenient

always check iata.org. thats what the airlines follow to decide if you’ll be allowed to fly from/to a certain location.

1 Like

I use Borderless by Safety Wing.
https://borderless.safetywing.com/portugal