Greetings from the US

Hello. My name is John from the northeastern US. I stumbled across Nomad/Gate while researching options for the Golden Visa. I wish I had started this earlier as I have already read some very useful threads since joining an hour ago. My background is in finance and I am looking for a new adventure beyond my backyard barbeque exploits.

Hi John

Welcome to the forum. I’m fairly new here myself.
I worked in NYC and lived in NJ for many years before moving to New Zealand more than a decade ago. But I’m now looking to spend a part of each year in Portugal. My application for a Golden Visa, started in 2019 is still in the process, partly due to my own inaction. Now hoping for a resolution soon.

Good luck in your quest. Btw, I’ve found this forum very helpful.

Regards,

Taufiq

Thank you and good luck with your process.

@jehlspm,
I’ve offered this to others, but if you ever want to call me and ask 100 dumb questions over an hour I’m happy to help, just DM me some intro questions, times that work for you and I’ll see what I can do.

I feel like I’ve spent about 80 hours on this forum and elsewhere reading and doing research and I also document a lot in nice summarized documents I don’t mind carefully sharing (I need to share non-confidential stuff). Happy to offer free advice based on my experience to help like-minded people.

I feel like I’m pretty good at getting people to get the bottlenecks fixed early (e.g. NIF, Bank Account, etc.) so they can comfortably make deadlines.

I live in West Coast USA and just submitted my GV Application for 280k Property Option.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your kind offer. I would like to take you up on it. Let me pull together some questions as I get my application ready and ping you with them. I should know a lot more by the end of this week.

-John