Have anyone lived in Montenegro?

Thinking of maybe heading there next year for a 6-12 months. Any experiences?

don’t have any experiences, but a friend visited there for a month and travelled through every place possible, he said it’s like a soviet country with luxurious spending sprinkled here and there. it’s either everything in ruins or everything is catering to tourists; people sunbathing on the streets because there’s just no space on the beaches, etc.

Montenegro is now involved in this “Open Balkan initiative” as well as pursuing EU membership. I am no expert in this part of the world, but my understanding is that Montenegro strongly prefers to join the EU. Of course, if it happens this would cause a surge in demand for Montenegro residency. Either way, its very interesting and will certainly make Montenegro a larger player in the region than its size or economy would dictate. Also will increase travel and work options.

Hey Britt, you might find my friends’ website helpful: https://kateinmontenegro.com/

1 Like

I will just leave it here. Very small part of it is a joke.
If you’d like to taste this kind of life - then Montenegro is for you.
However, my belief is that these comendments look like a good reason for EU to never accept Montenegro in its members. Bulgaria is already there, why add one more…

2 Likes