How to open a N26 Bank account—from anywhere*

PS: It’s not possible to deposit cash if in a French-based N26 account. Just FYI.

1 Like

Hey there! So I came across this article and successfully opened an account in France although I am travelling in the caribbean right now and am a Canadian citizen.
I have no plans on returning to Europe. Everything has been fine until I received an email today asking me to send my tax documents.
What do I do now? I entered my Canadian passport originally and thats all I have…

1 Like

What is the process for changing your address on N26, after you have signed up? Has anyone had any issue with that? I have to say, I like their insurance!

I note that Monzo (UK) has similar insurance too, for those looking at that aspect.

Just following up on this, as I’m in a similar situation and looking at N26. I do have tax documents (how much do they want?! :slight_smile: ) but my concern is whether they specifically want EU tax documentation to maintain the account.

Are you still with N26?

No Im not I closed it earlier in the year and got a Dukascopy account as they actually open non resident accounts. Fair number of limitations but does the job for now till I move to Panama and get residency etc there

Did you ever do anything with respect to the tax documents they wanted, or did they drop it as an issue? Thanks from a fellow :canada: for your quick response, btw!

Nope no follow up but I only had the account for a few months so it wasnt as though a lot had been moved in and out! And my pleasure, I went through a super stressful period with this a year ago and people answering my questions helped immensely. Good luck!

Thank you - I’ll give it a shot. I’m pretty sure their paperwork didn’t say I had to be a “tax resident” and I’m going to a country that allows visitors to sign up, so I’ll report back!

If you have an address in an eligble country they will open it for you, no doubt.
The tax residency will also become an issue at some point so this isnt a long term solution but would be interested to hear when it does!

I’m hoping it is a long-term solution, but we’ll see. Tax residency doesn’t necessarily correlate to residency.

Hopefully as a a “low pain” account with respect to transactions and paying them a premium account fee will keep them off my back :slight_smile: