My Ideal bank for travelling around the world. Does it exist?

As you travel around, using money safely is always a top issue.

I have a dream-bank in my mind but I don’t know if it exist or not.

1,I can open an account without an address but only with my passport.
2,It has to be a Internet banking, so I can do all banking anywhere around the world.
3,It issues a bank card, by which I can withdrew/deposit cash from any ATM/counter around the world WITHOUT transaction charge .
by which I can do shopping in any store around the world WITHOUT transaction charge .
by which I can do online shopping around the world WITHOUT transaction charge .
4,It has a saving account as well, so I can put my un-using money in there to earn interest.
5,It has multiple-currency accounts.
6,Money is protected by government or by insurance.

That is my dream-bank, I know it probably don’t exist right now. But is there any one close to it?

The short answer, no there’s nothing close to that.

1. If no address, where should they send your cards? But some banks won’t send you any unnecessary mail (LHV, N26, +++)
  1. Sure, most banks have this.
  1. Sure, withdrawing without charge exists with many banks (Schwab, N26 Black, etc)
  1. Western banks generally don’t give you a lot of interest. E.g. Georgian banks will give you a bit better return. Generally you’d be better off putting your savings in index funds or low cost ETFs instead.
  1. Quite a few have this, including LHV, TransferWise Borderless, SEB, LeoPay, Revolut, and many Asian banks.

There is no such thing as a free lunch but have a read here and see if this Bank meets most of your needs…

This appears to be only a link to an Affiliate site for N26.

The N26 bank is described in detail and on many occasions on the NomadGate site.

1 Like
  1. I can open an account without an address but only with my passport.
  1. If no address, where should they send your cards? But some banks won’t send you any unnecessary mail (LHV, N26, +++)

For that, I think a one-time-only mailing address (could be anywhere in the world) can be arranged.

Nowadays, more and more cell phone has NFC, a cell phone app can just turn your phone into a bank card. So there is not need to send you a card physically. Or even low-tech, using bar-code.

The problem is most of the ATMs un-support NFC right now, so looking forward to it…

6,Money is protected by government or by insurance.

Just added one more criteria.

Another trick if you want to physically use a card without having it mailed to you is to use Curve. As long as you have a card number (it can even be a virtual one), you can start using it in shops and ATMs through your Curve card. This is also helpful if you have a physical card shipped to friends or a mail forwarding service and you can’t immediately get your hands on it.

:rocket::exploding_head: