Since the changes to the Portuguese Golden Visa program were published this morning I figured it would be interesting to gauge the reaction of the community. Will you hurry up and invest under the current rules, or are you fine with the changes?
A quick recap of the changes… From Jan 1, 2022:
- Real estate investments can only be made in the interior + the islands of Madeira and the Azores (possibly with an exception for commercial real estate)
- The minimum investment amount for funds increase from €350K to 500K
- Other capital transfer options also increase
- Other options remain unchanged, such as art investments (€250K) and the creation of 10 new jobs
Vote and discuss!
- Hurry up and invest in real estate in Lisbon/Porto/along the coast this year
- Hurry up and invest in a fund at the €350K level this year
- Invest in real estate in the interior next year
- Invest in a fund at the €500K level next year
- Explore other paths to a Portuguese Golden Visa (e.g. art investment or employing 10 people)
- Explore other non-Portuguese Golden Visa programs
- I’ve already completed my investment
- I’m not a prospective investor or just want to view the results
Note: I’ve summarized the changes in a bit more details here: