Seeking BETA testers: Get your own @nomad.email address! šŸ’Œ

nice

what about adding end to end encrypted darknet hosted email to this :slight_smile:

Hey @Blonde ā€” end to end encrypted email would only work between users of the same email provider (like Protonmail) or if users manage their own PGP keys. Thereā€™s no point in trying to compete with thatā€”there are already good solutions for that on the market.

This is a simple forwarding service. The emails arenā€™t stored long term (just a few seconds for processing), and are encrypted while being processed on the server. The provider I use for this is based in Switzerland :switzerland:, servers there etc. They delete logs hourly. As far as a forwarding service goes, I think thatā€™s pretty much as privacy minded youā€™ll find :slight_smile:

Do you also want an address?

2 Likes

Yes i like the idea very much and would like to participate in the beta testing.
Regards.

1 Like

yes please :slight_smile: Keep me in the loop!

1 Like

Yes I wouldnā€™t mind one please :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes please :rocket:

1 Like

Yes please! Iā€™d like one.

1 Like

Iā€™ve created a form to make it easier to claim an address.

To get your own nomad.email address, just click here (and make sure youā€™re logged in). :rocket::robot:

To learn how to send emails from your @nomad.email address using Googleā€™s SMTP servers, click here.

Let me know if youā€™re facing any issues!

hiya,

This is an excellent service. I think this will cost you money, so I donā€™t want it free. Iā€™m ok thanks. Thanks for all these forum and advice offering here.

Regarding 100% of your privacy line protecting mail matter, proton mail is not darknet hosted, so its not 100% secure in my standard, as this will make it traceable to you. I think its one of the best in all the market considering above average privacy level. I just thinking, if these privacy services/app/softwareā€™s, can be breakable for authorities, so what is the point of buying them, while some agencies in the world whom funded by public fund and tx return of innocent and unaware people(a.k.a.a. N~S~A a~gency), can break into them whenever they want it. what a shame, what era we are living nowā€¦

I clicked the link for one but not sure if i got itā€¦

@J_J the email address you tried to register is reserved to the user with the corresponding username on Nomad Gate, so it wasnā€™t registered.

I had an error in my code, so the message telling you what happened wasnā€™t sent when you first tried to register. But I fixed my code now, and you should have received the PM now explaining why you couldnā€™t register that email and how to make sure you pick an allowed email address.

The form to get a forwarding email address works like a champ!

1 Like

@tkrunning Great idea :+1: Sign up worked fine for me but the confirmation email and a subsequent test email sent to the new @nomad.email address (which never arrived) suggests you might have a bug handling plus addressing (email plus addressing - Google Zoeken) ?

The provider Iā€™m using for the forwarding service isnā€™t the most stable. Sometimes emails take quite long to arrive. But it should support plus addressing.

Unfortunately there arenā€™t any other affordable, privacy focused services like this, but Iā€™m following an open source project that might be close to adding the required functionality.

Edit: actually youā€™re right, itā€™s the signup form that converts the plus to a space. Iā€™ll see if I can get the bug fixed and let you know.

Count me iiiiiiiiiiiiiiin ! If the offer is still up haha :smiley:

MAJOR UPDATE :rocket:

The initial service I used to for the email forwarding proved to be extremely unreliable. While it had a nice API so I could create accounts automatically, that doesnā€™t matter when emails arenā€™t being delivered.

So today I rebuilt the forwarding service from scratch. I opted to use one of the mainstream email service providers who has a reputation for good deliverability and that supports forwarding: Mailgun.

:green_heart: Pros:

• Excellent deliverability :email:
  • I can offer my own SMTP server for you to use in case youā€™d like to send emails from your nomad.email address :writing_hand:

:no_entry: Cons:

• Less privacy focused than ForwardMX (I can access logs of meta-data for a few days) :eyes:
  • Can quickly get very expensive :money_with_wings:
  • Makes me more vulnerable to abuse :warning:

To mitigate the last two points, I might choose to limit who can sign up for an address in the futureā€”perhaps only those who are active in the community.

And since Iā€™m paying for the volume of emails sent and received, from now on these email addresses should primarily be used for personal purposesā€”i.e. an email you give out to real people, not mass mailing lists.

Note: if you already generated an email address and want to start sending via my SMTP server, just PM me!

Hope you guys enjoy the service, and please donā€™t abuse it! :pray:

Logging policy:
Meta data about forwarded (received) and sent emails will be kept for 5 days. This includes information about the sender and receiver, as well as the subject line. All data is kept within the EU.

Hi Thomas,

Yeah Iā€™d like too

You can sign up by using the link in the first post :slight_smile: