SEF Notification as of January 1st, 2022

Hello everyone,

I have applied for the Golden Visa in mid-October 2021 after investing 500K € into an apartment in Lisbon. For the past two-and-a-half months my application was labeled as “Em analise” or “Application under analysis”. On January 1st, a red notification appeared under my application number that reads:

“Não é possível concluir a candidatura porque o tipo de investimento aguarda regulamentação”
or
“It is not possible to complete the application because the type of investment awaits regulation”

My understanding was that everyone who applied prior to the rule changes affecting the residential property investments in Lisbon and other coastal areas were unaffected. Did anyone else receive the same notification, and if does anyone know exactly what is meant by this statement? Is it some automatic fluke computer notification or a bona fide indication of processing delay and/or rejection?

Please share your knowledge regarding this subject.
Thank you

1 Like

I have this exact same notification in my online SEF account.

I applied via fund investment in May 2021. My application was accepted (as were those of two family members) in July 2021. The later submitted application of a third family member is still “under analysis.”

I reached out today to my attorneys for clarification but have not yet received a response.

Thank you for sharing your info, and congratulations on a very speedy acceptance of at least three out of four family members. :slight_smile:

I just received a confirmation from my lawyer in Portugal that it is safe to ignore the message for now as it is issued indiscriminately to all outstanding applications.