Sef portimão timeline

My husband and I had biometrics January 5th and still waiting. My lawyer reached out to them a little over a month ago. They responded to say that they are very busy, and have a long backlog.

Still no word on ours either from February biometrics. Our lawyer did mention that this immigration office is really bad the last time I checked in.

Given the very few people who did biometrics here its really hard to pinpoint the average duration to approvals for this location.

Just to update this thread and let you know that we got our final approvals from Portimao today! The email notification from SEF Portinao was sent to our lawyer yesterday, 19th October, so it’s been a 7+ month wait since biometrics.

4 Likes

Got my approval on 10/19 as well surprisingly. Its as if everyone just woke up and decided to clear a few applications. Unfortunately still waiting for my spouse’s.

Our lawyer is saying that this is normal but that doesn’t seem to be true in your case?

Looking through the timeline the only difference I can see is that my spouse was not officially invited for biometrics but was still allowed to give them at the same time as my appointment. And we did have to submit some documents after the fact.

1 Like