Where do you invest your money as Digital Nomads and/or PTs?

Private equity simply means a private company is offering a % share. It can be from $500 to $500,000,000+ Usually to offer to investors that have to be accredited and H.N.W.

I have access to mining P.E. opportunities. Huge rewards but it comes with risk.

I’m occasionally buying BTC mining contracts.Much cheaper than buying spot,it’s just takes a bit more time.Then everyday you receive the mined amount to your wallet.
Done:smiley:

2 Likes

Hi
What’s the best way to learn forex???
Recommend any good books…

Can you tell us more about BTC mining contracts?

Yeah sure.So basically these are so called cloud mining contracts.That basically means you are renting hash power(mining capacity)
From a company to a given time(usually 1-2 year)
In that time you receiving the mined bitcoins everyday from the process.
Now,there are plenty of scam companies.
I think I may found the trustable ones,and I bought contracts at two of the companies.For 1 year.
Only one year cause the halving is coming.Which will make very different circumstances for mining.As it’s basically halfing the rewards after the mined out blocks.
At the first company I made back my investment after 3 months.However their support is kinda bad,and I have the impression after dug deeper that it might be a ponzi scheme,I have no proof tough.So probably I’m just lucky.
The other company is much more decent.But it does not give as much daily payout as the first one.

I’m in crypto since early 2017 and i’d stay away from Crypto cloud mining. I invested in the beginning in some of these and I would have made much more just buying BTC. You can be lucky but most people will loose more than they put in. Safest if interested in Crypto then stick with buying the big ones like BTC and ETHEREUM and have patience (2-10 years)

1 Like

That’s also a viable option

:man_shrugging:t3: I’m still a little skeptical about investing profitably in bitcoin.

I prefer to make sure in the coming years that it becomes a popular means of payment (its function is that, it is not an investment fund).
If I bought Bitcoin for investment purposes I would first have to ask myself what I am looking for.

:chart_with_upwards_trend: Do I want the value of the currency to rise over time and therefore I want to sell it at a higher price?

That’s good. What is the target price?
:pushpin: I need to establish it before I buy, otherwise I will end up like those who bought BTC for 5,000 USD and didn’t sell for 19,000 USD because they were hoping for 120,000 USD.

You don’t know what calculations are used to make the exchange rate forecasts between BTC and USD…but that’s another story.

Before I buy BTC for investment purposes I would also wonder if I have ever traded currencies and how successful it was.
It is not wise to improvise as a trader and I do not see why those who work online often feel like they are related to investing in cryptocurrencies.
I suggest to be careful, Forex trading can be dangerous, better to avoid even if you are an expert in digital assets or other investments in general.
The rules of common sense that a digital nomad should have when investing are similar to those of anyone else.
It is okay to devote 5% to dangerous assets or startups, but the rest should remain in more reliable and structured products such as ETFs and real estate.
At least this is what I’m trying to do and it makes a lot of sense for now. I don’t know how to predict the future, but I’m working on it…

Let me share a text about how digital nomads invest and especially where I have noticed that many digital nomads are wrong.
Many digital nomads have a bias but don’t know they have it.

1 Like

Wow this is a very comprehensive guide!
Congrats for putting it together.
It makes a lot of sense!

1 Like

my current investment strategy is too buy and hold … toilet roll :smiley:

If anyone is interested in index investing and low cost ETFs maybe you will find Andrewhallam.com
and his expat investing a worthwhile read especially if you have never invested in stock befote. I read his millionaire teacher a few years ago.

“its not timing the market its time in the market”
Go long, dont trade unless unless you have the time to research individual companies or research the market. BE GREEDY WHEN OTHERS ARE FEARFUL

look at ETFs that track indexes like Vanguards in Hong Kong such as S&P500, if you buy ETFs with Brokers in the USA as you pay 30% with holding tax on dividends also if you die and have invested more than 60000 USD they will deduct 40% inheritance tax on anything over 60000 USD.
check the information sheet and look at the domicle of the ETF you are investing in.

4 Likes

Definitely agree with you, his site is good and teaches you to “invest like a Singaporean”. Those guys aren’t taxed on dividend income, so they can’t invest like an American/European (who have withholding taxes on dividends), so if you have a good residency situation with low tax or no tax treaty with USA/EU, Singapore is a great place to learn from.

I personally invest in websites (because I can lean on my experience and the yield is great), “dumb money” (world index fund, my backup plan in case I make some terrible investing decisions) and REITs (because I prefer income vs capital gains).

1 Like

Hi Jase
Singapore and HK residents as you state dont have a DTA with the US so are unable to claim part of the WHT tax back so ETFs that track US markets and are domicled in either the HK/SG are taxed at directly in the US at 30%.
However they can always invest in other markets to reduce the WHT like LSE and at the same time benefit from 0% CGT.
Moving to a “territorial tax” country would be a great option. :slight_smile: (like Thailand, could you see it as a base when you visited last year?)

Personaly I appy similar methodology I prefer gains not interested in Dividends, although do hold GOV Bond/treasury ETF basket of Equity ETFs. but also include higher risk assets like crypto and reit, recently invested in Gold as a hedge (Tax Free, No CGT, GST), opened online account in Singapore

FYI Andrew Hallam is not actually focused on Singapore investors, he used to live there though he does cover Global Expats/ Nomads he even provides a number of examples of Balanced Portfolios for various nationlities.
He advocates Low cost ETFs such as Vangaurd and those domiliced in Ireland but traded on LSE, SwissSix, etc. Similar to those listed in your blog. Which track US indexes & the World but WHT is only 15% not 30%
Therefore as an Expat you can still trade the US but avoid the 30% WHT wack, further benefit from 0% CGT. Further discusses Permanent Portfolio which includes hedging with Gold as well Couch Potato investing method.
I reccomend his Expat Investor Book, an easy read and cheap as chips.

Stay safe

Truthfully every time I’ve been I am either “resorting” or in networking mode. While travelling though, I’m always asking myself “could I live here?” I think for Thailand the answer is no.

But it’s entirely personal. Certainly doesn’t mean it’s not a viable option.

Thanks for the book recommendation, somehow I’ve been oblivious to that. I’ll check it out.

Check out how to trade the SnP500 on a 1 minute chart. Thank me later…

Any investment you don’t understand is gambling. Trading is a simple business for those who are educated in its requirements…

Understand that the higher the payout for any business or investment, the higher the need/cost for personal education

This is the best material anywhere in the world to learn how to trade. It’s free to learn, everything is made simple to understand and you will never be bored