Which are the best online sites for jobs like writing, research and translating?

Dear all, which sites do you use to look for this type of online jobs? I use Upwork and Fiverr and I’ve also looked into Damongo. Upwork seems to be much more active so far. Thanks in advance for your advice! :speech_balloon:

1 Like

You can try also Guru. I’ve been a translation freelancer for 6 yrs, first in Elance, that went on to merge with Odesk and became Upwork. It seems a lot of work is centralized in this one website.

2 Likes

I have seen a lot of opportunity on Upwork. I’m not a translator, but Fiverr just felt full of people trying to undervalue your work. Translating seems to be a great area to be working in right now. Depending on where you’re at (and if you speak dominant languages there of course), it might be worth checking with local schools/universities.

1 Like

Hello. I run a content marketing firm with a network of independent writers, editors, proofreaders, translators, strategists, designers, programmers, and project managers. In my opinion, none of the sites you mentioned are any good, largely because they thrive on price wars (i.e. the lowest price wins). Unless you’re lucky, seeking quality and integrity from either buyer/supplier on mass marketplaces is a big question mark, and if those traits are important to you, then you might want to look elsewhere.

Instead, try boards like WeWorkRemotely, WorkingNotWorking, or RemoteOK. While I hire largely through word-of-mouth (through clients), I think the seriousness/quality of projects on these job boards would be as good, if not better.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the advice! :+1: