Introduce yourself! šŸ‘‹

Hey there, I hope you like Belgrade, my hometown :hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi My name is Criss. I work remotely from Toledo, Spain. I love to travel, and I run an online mindfulness and meditation learning platform - www.almayespiritu.com
I was born in Venezuela, raised in the US, and now living in Spain. I love going to the beach, meditating, walking, reading, and listening to podcasts!
Im now reading Don Quixote by Cervantes (Trying to get in touch with the area I live now)
The podcasts that I have recently heard: Armchair Expert and Connan needs a friend
Any recommendations are welcome!

1 Like

Hello everyone :wave:t5:
My name is Jacqueline and I stumbled upon this website when looking for online banking solutions. I currently work as an eye care professional and an online English teacher but my passion is traveling. I started my travel blog in January naturallyjacqueline.com feel free to check it out and leave me comments :smiling_face:
My favorite travel destinations have been: Croatia, Ukraine, Kenya and Egypt :beach_umbrella:
Iā€™m happy to be part of the community :blush:

1 Like

I am enjoying it very much. A lot of nice people and plenty of outside seating for coffee or beers. It is certainly a gem that many people donā€™t know about. I highly recommend it as a nomad stay for 1 to 2 months, especially in the summer.

2 Likes

Hey there fellow pilot. Keep the dirty side down.

Hi all :blush:
My name is Josselin. I was born in France :fr:, but since getting a taste of life a broad, I think itā€™s unlikely Iā€™ll ever move back there :joy: In the last 10 years, Iā€™ve lived in:

• Singapore :singapore:,
  • the Netherlands :netherlands:,
  • Denmark :denmark:,
  • Spain :es:
    and I found it so enriching to discover new cultures, food & people that Iā€™m committed to discovering many more!

In the meantime, I married my wonderful wife & after switching from Physics to mobile development, we are about to register our 1st company in Estonia. We stumbled upon this community while looking for info about it & decided it would be great to join!

Things that make me tick:

• Beautiful UI-UX :art:
  • Bossa nova :brazil:
  • Asian food :ramen:
  • ä¹¦ę³• :red_gift_envelope:
  • VR :national_park:

A book I really enjoyed recently:

1 Like

Hi everybody,
My name is Andreas. Iā€™m a 50 years old fella who was born in Brazil and hold a dual citizenship (:brazil:and :it:). I am married and have two wonderful kids :family_man_woman_girl_boy: Weā€™ve lived in :uk: UK and :jp: Japan. Now we are living in Brazil but next month we are moving to :portugal: Portugal. I am sure I will enjoy this group with so many nomads and bright nice people. See you around!
Andreas

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

I am from the US and am planning on moving to Peru with my fiance.

I started selling on amazon and am hoping to grow the business and be financially stable one day. Shout out to my fellow fba sellers!

My plans were to go to med school but I will have to see how feasible that is once I move. Hopefully I can pick up Spanish easily, let me know if you guys have any suggestions. I signed up for a course on udemy and it seems to be helping.

I admire all of you nomads and wish to one day travel the world as well. Best of luck!

Marie

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

Itā€™s a pleasure to be here. Iā€™m Nigerian :nigeria: currently living in Abuja. Spent almost 10 years living in Europe, studying and working.

I day trade and I am playing with the idea of relocating to somewhere with a more favorable time zone.

Looking at locations for favorable banking, second residence, tax reduction among other things led me to discover this community.

Hope to learn and share as we all grow with our chosen pathsā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi all, me on way Hiiumaa to Tallinn in rented 9 seater van, after 4 nights with cousin and family over there in Utu area. My visit to Estonia made with wife, 3 grown kids and 2 partners of these.

Since a year back live in TrollhƤttan, Sweden, after some +30 years in the South Seas.

To get better idea who am I then await next post in a day or so.

1 Like

MABUHAY Nomads! :wave:

Iā€™m Vince from the :philippines:! I am a new remote worker (since 2014) although I have been doing Technology Inside Sales since 2004. Recently, I have secured my Management Consulting certification and have been promoting/advocating :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: remote work to my clients.

I am looking to becoming fully location-independent within the next 5 years. How? I honestly donā€™t know the exact plan yet. And I think that is why I joined this community - to find some hints on how I might do it.

In terms of what I do, I am a sales and marketing management consultant advising owners, business leaders and revenue shepherds of Midmarket B2B Software Companies ($10M to $1B Annual Revenue) who want to achieve between 10%-50% YoY growth :nerd_face:. I do this by creating and growing
:man_farmer: remote sales and support teams. I work with business leaders who are struggling and frustrated with unpredictable revenue results. By immersing as an individual contributor cum team leader, I am able to position the best people and processes needed. I further help source, hire, train, develop, and unfortunately, sometimes fire resources :sob: in order to sustain consistent growth.

Would love to go to Ecuador :ecuador: (I saw Nas Daily on FB and it sparked my interest) and confirm ā€œhappeningsā€ in there.

For now, I am okay with working remotely (from home, cafe, different hotels) in my country. Actually, I would love to work remotely while traveling to different attractions here. Then, when I am done, Iā€™d explore South America and Europe.

Some of the sales resources I highly recommend would be ā€œThe Sales Acceleration Formulaā€ by Mark Roberge and watch the Youtube channel ā€œThe Salesman Podcastā€.

If you need any high-level revenue generation advice, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Looking forward to sharing :man_teacher: and learning :man_student: some more in Nomad Gate!

Cheers! :wave:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone thanks for having me

I am new at this sorry if I make some mistakes

1 Like

Hi everyone! Looking forward to connecting with everyone in this forum!

1 Like

Hi, All . Today 7 July joined to community. I originate from Holland, lived in Western Australia and for the last 20 odd years in Borneo ( east Malaysia), Sarawak, Borneo , Sabah. More or less retired form work however as expat consultant work is ongoing. Two main items for support in the near future and I see many posts already in the system are International banking ( how complex!) and resettlement optional to Portugal. I had a go at N26 banking based on information but it is the ā€œresidentā€ status which stops the show. but pretty sure we can figure this out with support.
Kees

1 Like

Hey everyone! Iā€™m Pete. My family (wife and 3 teenagers) and I love to travel: Ecuador, Spain, Iceland, New Zealand, Australia, Mexico, Canada, Ethiopia, all over the US (including Alaska, Puerto Rico). I am an Executive Creative Director in NYC. I have an opportunity in Denmark that is very exciting and a little bit scary too. Living and working abroad seems daunting. Hoping to get some advice and great information here.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! Iā€™m Stephanie and a newbie in travelling. I live in the Netherlands and my dream is to travel through England. Right now exploring options to do so, while still recovering from brain injury and without sufficient income, so taking it slow. I intent to learn a lot from all of you at this platform :star_struck:. If you like youā€™re welcome to follow me and my journey at Insta: stephanie.lifeismagic

1 Like

Hey everyone,

Iā€™m Matt, I have a leg or two in the water of nomad-living, and just trying to see if itā€™s something for me.

Iā€™ve lived in the Netherlands for about 4 years, but grew up in New Zealand. A couple of years ago started a startup, which fizzled out at the beginning of this year, and since then Iā€™m been working remotely as a web developer, and recently as a writer too.

Dream is to escape to the country and build a permaculture-based homestead with my girlfriend, and my current thinking is remote-work will be a big part of making that possible.

Have to recommend ā€˜The Secret of our Successā€™ by Joseph Henrich, which explains cultural evolution, and Viktor Franklā€™s ā€˜Manā€™s Search for Meaningā€™. In terms of podcasts, Making Sense and the Gary V Experience are my regulars.

Hope to learn from everyone how to make this lifestyle work, both financially, strategically, and mentally.

Cheers!

1 Like

Welcome Matt,

Love your dream of having a permaculture-based homestead. Can I recommend checking out Curtis Stone (The urban farmer) and Sylvia Bernstein (Aquaponics Source). You can find them both on YouTube. They both greatly influenced/increased my knowledge in organic agriculture and made my organic farm venture easier and productive.

You should also check out vermiculture/vermicompost (very useful part of permaculture), it will make your life a lot easier.

Check out how to use your compost pile to heat water/your house or farm. Add solar/wind turbine to this and you could reduce or wipe out your electricity bills.

Try to grow marigold, you will love itā€™s many uses. Grow garlic if you can (natural pesticide, can be combined with pepper to make a spray), lemongrass, mint and some basic herbs.

Have a good oneā€¦

1 Like

Hi Randall,

I believe you are an excellent example of what most of us wish for ourselves. Keep having a wonderful time as you transition.

Cheersā€¦

HI! I am Philip, a professor and painter. Started my passion for travel when I spent a month seeing the states at 17 and 46 years later still traveling. When at home and not working I am in the studio, cooking and baking in the kitchen or tending my rather large gardens. Favorite read- anything by Victor Hugo. Favorite place to be when traveling- Thatā€™s tough. I spend a lot of time in Sweden and love Istanbul and ƞingvellir Iceland. Also happy at home in the states.

1 Like