Introduce yourself! 👋

Luis,
Thanks for thinking of me. Best wishes on your endeavors.

Randall

1 Like

:world_map:Hi fellow Nomads! My name is Tia and my husband and I are exploring the idea of retiring to Portugal and having our kids attend college in the EU. We are looking into the Golden Visa program with the idea that we would purchase a property now and move to Portugal down the road. Looking forward to hearing your stories and sharing ours :smiley:

1 Like

Hi guys I’m Sam from Saudi Arabia! I run a online digital product business and looking for some information about accepting payments, etc. I’ll make a separate thread about that though. For now i just wanted to say hi :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all, I’m Eddie from Hong Kong. Hope to chat with you all. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Hallo

Hi all - Bret from SoCal. I suspect we’re not qualified as ‘nomads’ since we only leave home 2-3 times a year - for 2-6 weeks at a time. Our travels began after we retired and we’ve only been able (so far) to visit about 40 countries & 5 continents. We recognize that advancing age & declining vitality are gaining on us… but we’re not ready to turn in our passports yet! Our next outing will be a winter excursion in France.
Every day can be an adventure, whether sailing around Cape Horn, through a Cat2 hurricane in the North Atlantic, or the Midnight Sun at the Nord Cap; wading through knee-deep flood water in St. Mark’s Square, hiking through a thunderstorm in the Alps, or bicycling along the Danube for days on end; or having our breath taken away standing on the edge of the rift zone in Iceland and watching Swan Lake in Saint Petersburg. Art, architecture, history, culture: time marches on and so will we!
We found this site while looking for banking options while out of the country.
Looking forward to gleaning wisdom from true nomads.

1 Like

Hi All,
I’m Chimi, a retired entrepreneur living in Valencia Spain. Was VP R&D in 3 medical diagnostic companies, have been acquired 4 times. Have lived in Spain 5 years, after 4 years in Buenos Aires. Originally from Los Angeles, Ph.D. Univ. Chicago, MBA UCLA, lived up & down Calif. coast, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Raleigh-Durham, Tampa-St.Pete. Hope to learn latest travel/communications tips, and can offer tips on getting bought out.

1 Like

Hello, My name is Marie-Claude - or MC :grin: from Montreal. I feel like I used to be a nomad - I lived in Germany, Toronto, North Carolina, Mexico City, I have a MBA from UCLA and lived in San Francisco for 4 years - but a child - now 10 - and husband have changed this trajectory! Luckily my Italian husband also longs for some change and our sights are set on Portugal where we bought a property last summer, to be delivered in the new year. We look forward to connecting with other nomads!

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I work remotely and travel often–my husband and I split time between the US & Germany, while mixing in immersive experiences in many other countries. I am lucky enough to bring my work with me where ever I go and I even get to help others make their work/travel dreams come true through my role with Remote Year! We’re currently based in Colorado, US and love connecting with others through the travel & outdoor adventure communities. If I can assist with anything from my experience in planning work-travel programs, please reach out anytime and I look forward to meeting some folks through this forum!

-Cassie

1 Like

Hi All I’m Lucyna living and working in Santa Barbara, California. I’m a chemist by profession making my own skincare and working on perfumes formulas. All using only natural components. Very excited to be joining this vibrant community, hope to find here lot’s of valuable information. Love listening to classical music, Mahler, Handel, Penderecki. Love reading Rilke, Akhmatova and Baudelaire. Currently listening to Richard Wolff on economics and George Carlin, who does not need any intro.

1 Like

Hi all!
I’m Marvin, living in Paphos, Cyprus and I’m a fullstack software developer.

1 Like

Hi I’m Soraya! Australian who’s lived in the US for over 20 years. Planning on leaving for France and trying to live there permanently. Any tips? I’m well versed in international travel and am open to discussion be it positive or negative.

1 Like

Hi I’m Anne! My husband & I live in Canada and looking at retiring in a few years. Somewhere warm of heart & temperature sounds like an attractive option so always wanted to visit Portugal. Thanks to friends from Europe, we are now exploring the Golden Visa program. Look forward to sharing useful tips and news with this community!

1 Like

Hello everyone. I’m Monica and I’m a high school teacher who is looking take on a nomadic existence. I live in Miami, FL and am originally from Colombia. Have lived at sea for a while and traveled to quite a few places. Found this group and decided to join, especially with the remarkable information being provided.

1 Like

Hi all. I just joined Nomad Gate. My husband and I will be in Portugal for 3 months starting December 18. We have a month booked in the Southern Algarve (Pria Da Rocha) then will decide where we want to spend the 2nd and 3rd months after we have an opportunity to see other parts of the country. Can anyone recommend things to do over the Christmas holiday? Where to meet up with other Expats in the region? Would love your input.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Alexandre, but you can call me Alex. I am 31 from Portugal and i am currently living in Rwanda. I’m a Civil engineer, love running, reading, photography and also gaming.

Came to this forum looking for knowlodge on how to be financial free, starting my own business and to start having time to do what I am really passionate about .

This month read is Smart Portfolios: A Practical Guide to Building and Maintaining Intelligent Investment Portfolios

Best regards Everyone and good luck!

3 Likes

Hello All! I just started my nomadic lifestyle last month and will be traveling around the south of the US while waiting for my updated passport to come through. So far, I’ve fallen in love with the mountains/waterfalls of North Carolina, realized Vegas is not “my” city, and am now in the dreamscape of the panhandle of Florida :sunrise: I’ll head to Texas next before heading to Japan in late Feb, Colorado in the summer and then…?? I work as an online mental health therapist and get to work with people in a few states in the US as well as some other countries, which is so great as I’ve been able to experience the cultural differences from each location as well! I’m still adjusting to this life and look forward to learning more from you all about budgeting, health/travel insurance, meeting people, sights to see, etc.

2 Likes

Hi Guys,
Stephen & my wife Vicky both from Liverpool UK, :heart_eyes: looking at returning to Cambodia/Thailand/Vietnam to teach English, both travelled and in our 50’s looking to start a new life in Asia, and seeking advice on health insurance to ensure we can relax and enjoy our life with the added satisfaction and comfort of knowing should anything happen :grimacing: we have financial cover to sort things out. :smile:

1 Like

Hi Stephen, of the three countries stated, Thailand would give you the best medical care in the region. While you can expect to pay the farang (foreigner) price, it will still be cheap and affordable if compared to the UK. There are a number of good health insurance options that should cover you both in these regions. It’s a good idea to look at offerings there first as I believe some new laws have kicked in with regards to foreigners and health insurance in Thailand.

I would like to recommend Bumrungrad International Hospital mainly for your package check ups. They are a 5 star hospital and you will be forgiven for feeling like you are in a luxury holiday resort.

While you did not mention Malaysia, I would also like to bring to your attention, Prince Court Medical Centre in Kuala Lumpur. They are also a 5 star luxury hospital but are very affordable while being very high quality like Bumrungrad International, they have planned packages for checkups that I find more desirable.

https://www.princecourt.com/service-areas/medical-packages/

Hope I was able to provide something useful to you both.

Good luck and have fun…

2 Likes

Hi All,
My wife Elizabeth and I are both from the US and looking forward to continuing our travels in Europe and spending more time there than we have been able. Ive heard great things about this community and hope to add value and contribute.

1 Like