Introduce yourself! 👋

Hello good day ! My name is Guillermo, I’m from Argentina. And I’m starting to internalize in the world of being a digital nomad. I currently have a sales company in my city and I am very focused on completely changing the way I want to live. Greetings to all !

2 Likes

Hello there! (I don’t use communities since I don’t know when, so I already posted this message in the wrong thread… sorry!)

I’m an Italian guy that’s ready to make the Big Step… Me and my girlfriend will leave Italy on january 2021 , trying our hand at the digital nomad’s life.
I’m a copywriter and ghostwriter :writing_hand:, and I’m putting all my energies in shifting my job toward a fully remote position (and it seems I’m succeeding), in the meantime, I’m trying to become better at english, so to expand my client base outside Italy.
We think we will go to Ecuador or Perù :llama: first.
Besides, I love mountain trekking :mount_fuji:, outdoor things, metal music :metal:, and writing.
I’ll take my time to check the wonderful resources of this website.
Thank you! :pray:

2 Likes

Hey everyone!
I am a nomad that travel because it gives me happiness(mental and physical) and personal freedom,
i am a developer and thinker i run a privacy aware postbox service located at : postbox.stackpointersolutions.net and i have recently also started a new blog donottax.me, i am looking forward to meeting and communicating with a lot of you guys.
Until later
Ciao

Hello! :wave:

I’m Lisa (36) based in Minnesota, USA. :snowflake:

I work remotely for a company in the US, supporting an ERP system called Sage X3. It’s for mid-sized manufacturing companies. I also do Crystal report writing (now SAP Business Objects).

My home is a duplex. I rent out the lower half, and live in the upper half.

I recently began learning programming, and think I finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up (a developer).

I love the idea of working from wherever - as long as you have a laptop and the internet. I appreciate original thoughts and fresh perspectives. My longer term goal is to become a Florida resident (no state tax) & be a snowbird.

Recently, I finally made it to Europe and want to thoroughly explore it, too. Have made it to Belgium, Sweden and Ireland so far.

I’m open to housing swaps/affordable weekly or monthly rentals with other respectful people. My house is about 25 min from the MSP airport.

2 Likes

Hi I am Max, Happy to join the community, I am from Benin, West Africa, living between the US, Benin, Paris, Kharkov-Ukraine. I have been travelling around for 20+ years now for family, professional reasons. I found the community as I was trying to find a clear answer to what is the best way to get non resident bank accounts/cards that will allow me to pay for, buy, get paid, spend, in different currencies, across US, Europe, Africa. sometimes I would think I found part of the answer but then I will get confused again after reading another post on a website.
thank you for having me

Hi I’m Henri!
I’m so excited to connect with people like me! I’ve been on the road since 2016 part time and full time since late 2017. My wife and I are loving being nomads!
We are currently in Bali. :pray:
We have done many things to make a living…living. And we are feeling confident enough to begin sharing some of our best finds.
My interests are: History, Human sciences, Investing and of course Traveling.
I speak fluently: Portuguese, English, French, Spanish, Dutch and Papiamento. And I can have basic conversations in German and Italian. Currently I’m learning Japanese and Indonesian.
I look forward to connecting with you! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey guys,

I’m Rob, a retired electronics/computer/laser engineer from Australia. I’ve spent most of my life here, and I’m totally over it! Need to spend at least a few years traveling and exploring the world before I’m too old to enjoy it.

I’ve lived in Melbourne (born there), Sydney (spent the '70s there), Brisbane (current location since 2015), Cairns (3 months in 1973), Brussels (3 months in 1999/2000) and various short holidays to New Zealand and the USA. I’m a keen sailor and spent an enjoyable month in Dec 2013 / Jan 2014 sailing from Newcastle, NSW to Christchurch, NZ across the Tasman Sea with some friends.

Would love to move to the UK but as a retired 5th generation Australian I don’t qualify easily. I was hoping that the Brexit thing and CANZUK alignment would be well settled by now but you just can’t hurry politicians. Currently looking into Golden Visa programs, particularly Portugal which seems like an ideal starting point (except for the cost of cars!)

Look forward to meeting some of you online in the near future.

Cheers,

Rob

1 Like

Hi, my name is Andre and I currently live in South Africa and have been working in the Democratic Republic Congo for the last 6 years.
Would like to move my family to a country where they are safe and free to explore not having to keep looking over their shoulders or having to worry all the time.
We love the outdoors, beach, see, mountains, camping, fishing and so much more.

Hi Everyone,
I’m probably one of the oldest members here - 66. British by birth but I’ve lived in various counties in Africa for over 32 years.
I’ve been a copywriter for many years and, three years ago, I decided it was time to sell up and travel before it was too late. I’ve travelled around Croatia, France, UK, Bulgaria, Switzerland, South Africa and Australia. Loving my new life. Long may it continue.
Carole

4 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Nelly and I became a digital nomad 18 months ago when I decided to change the life of drudgery I was living in New York. While vacationing in the Caribbean I called my company to tell them I would not be returning to New York. So they agreed to let me work remotely. :sunglasses::dancer:t4: :raised_hands:

I am an investment research strategist and write about the financial markets (stocks, bonds, commodities, currencies).

I spent 1 year on the island of Saint Lucia and just moved to Portugal 2 months ago. I LOVE living in Lisbon and the articles in Nomad Gate have been very helpful for getting myself sorted out administratively (getting my NIF, opening a bank account, searching for housing etc.) It is a pleasure to be part of this community and I hope I can be of help to others.

I walk EVERYWHERE in Lisbon, regardless of how far the destination is. One of my pleasures is listening to podcasts as I walk. My favorite right now is Throughline from NPR. Throughline : NPR

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Franklin Mount, currently resident in New York City.

Hi all I am a primary school English teacher and Mentor for teens. Living in Paris France. It’s my first experience with the Nomad immunity.

1 Like

Hi Tinus, sorry about your health. I’m South African too! A teacher and mentor for Teens in Paris France. Wishing you all the best for your future travels and health

Sounds like you are doing something that has the potential to be greatly meaningful. I hope that your travels provide you with wonderful experiences to cherish, and lovely interactions with human beings and other earthlings.

Thanks Mary - howzit :slight_smile: What does your mentoring entail, what organization are you involved with, how did you get involved - it sounds very interesting.
How long have you been in Paris?

Hi all, my name is Anton. I consider my self a nomad since I have lived different places within the US but also spent 15 years living in Spain with extensive travel within Europe. My ultimate goal is moving back to Spain but keeping my US business running. I found great information on Nomadgate and feel right at home here. I look forward to being able share my knowledge acquires through my years of nomading.
Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Nomad Gate,
About myself, I was traveling around the world as a youngster. Now I’m a local in Los Angeles, and looking forward to eventually moving to Hawaii for my last chapter in Life. Coming here was my interest in what would be the best Bank without having to be in a particular place. It is still a question I have, especially since a Bank N26 left England :grinning:
So my specialty is creating visuals and manipulating thru advertising and motion pictures. More later,
cheers to ya all and enjoy LIFE.
JJ

Hello Everyone! :grinning:

My name is Qin. I’m a lawyer - licensed in both China and California. Born in Shanghai China and studied in the Netherlands and San Diego, US. I love travelling around and have been to many places. The next trip might be Iceland.
It is a fun place and very informative. Glad I found it!

Cheers, guys!

1 Like

Hi Thomas et al,

I was until the end of 2019 a freelance SME finance man in the UK making a nice living doing things that I really like. Then post election in December, jobs became hard to come by thanks to the botched IR35 extension. Polite words fail me.
Coming to the end of a 40 yr career that took me to France (twice) with a 5 year break in Romania making TVs, my wife and I decided to have a look at Setubal, south of Lisbon as she is an IT freelancer with a work opening here.
I am the scouting party (abandoning her to the rain pro tem) and following your NIF advice, I physically located the Loja do Cidadao, opening hours 08.30 to 19.00. I’ll be there at first light - thanks for the advice :+1:

Hi everyone, :wave:

My name is Hai (in case you’re wondering about the name, I was born in 'Nam), I’m an Australian freelance recruiter (I also coach Australian grads remotely to establish their careers as a free service) currently hanging in France. I’ve been freelancing since 2015 but only started the nomadic life in 2018. I split my time between Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Tel Aviv, the Belleville region in France and London. I’m looking to start another business outside of consulting and I have my eyes on Portugal for next year so I’m looking for guidance from others experienced with this nomadic existence. Hence joining this community (already all the articles have been super helpful).

I will be heading to Portugal in April (probably Lisbon or Lagos) to check things out before heading back down under. Looking forward to everyone’s posts!

1 Like