Introduce yourself! šŸ‘‹

Hello everyone, I am Emmanuel, I may not have traveled much to call myself a Nomad but I intend doing a lot of travelling soon. Yes, I am from/in Nigeria.

Iā€™m a digital marketing professional with specialization in Email marketing, lead generation funnels and more.

I joined this community to get a nomadic feel before I become a real nomad. I love reading, dancing and eating. Also to meet like minded fellows.

Well, I may as well promote Ryan Holiday since I find his books really cool. Grab a Ryan Holiday book and read.

2 Likes

Hi there, Iā€™m Yana. Iā€™m Russian and for the last few years I lived in the US. Now Im a grad school student in Japan trying to figure out best banks, best sim, taxes and stuffā€¦ thatā€™s how I found this gate =) If anyone is curious I can share what Iā€™ve found out so far. Its not easy trying to live borderless and Iā€™m thankful for this community =).

1 Like

Hello Everyone! So happy to have found this community and thank you Thomas for putting it together. My name is Mara and am the family representative for the community.
We have just announced to our family and friends our decision to jump into :earth_americas: RTW trip beginning August, 2020 engaging with some slow travel. We have had a wonderful life in Oxford, UK for the past five years where my husband founded a medical device company for x-ray imaging and I have established a teacher training programme for a local organization. Prior we are from Los Angeles where I was a teacher, school head and founder at the high school level and my husband was a researcher in physics. We have a 9 year old daughter and collectively we all enjoy travel, learning about new cultures and communities. Prior to Covid-19 we enjoyed travel to Portugal, Barcelona, Cape Verde, Budapest, Vienna, Malta, Canary Islands, Scotland including Orkney, and Outer Hebrides to name a few. Personally I want to return to the Galapagos and Costa Rica with my family and engage in some volunteer work related to climate change and social capital.
Our RTW bucket list includes Central and Latin America, India, New Zealand and Australia and we will see where our the plot graph/ safe travel. Wonā€™t be making specific plans until 1June and hopefully by then we can determine where we should head first.
If anyone needs to know more about traveling to Los Angeles or Oxford I am happy to assist along with information about schooling and teacher qualifications. We have begun doing the research around health insurance and homeschooling and happy to hear more about both along with any other input.
Favorite books among many:
Hemmingwayā€™s The Old Man and The Sea
Orwell- 1984
The Little Prince
Dr. Seuss- The Lorax

Cheers
Mara

1 Like

Hello everyone!
My name is Caio, i am an brazilian architect that is trying to live an nomad life.
I have been traveling the world for many years, but i never created my online business. I just started right now to work on it.
In fact, i was planning to dive in an nomad life this currenty year, but unfortunnalety all this world situation denied.
I was planning to meet more nomad people, to participate in events, any way, to finally start this way of life.
Right now i am working making some online courses to teachers.
My best book that i could share, are: Rich Dad, Poor Dad; The secrets of millionare mind; and Animal Farm.

Cheers,
Caio

Hi Everyone,

Iā€™m Alex, originally hailing from New York, but currently in South America. Iā€™m a full-time journalist, music buff, and rapacious reader.

I travel quite a bit and am looking to spend some time in Paris and Lisbon before heading back to the US.

Could recommend many a book, but instead, I will stick to a few that always keep me going: ā€œOn the Roadā€ (1957), by Jack Kerouac; ā€œDown and Out in Paris and Londonā€ (1933), by George Orwell, and ā€œThe Narrow Road to the Deep North and Other Travel Sketchesā€ (1694), by Matsuo Basho.

Thank you all for having me here!

HI

Introducing myself here:) I am 50, happily married to a most wonderful woman. Have sold my business 2 years ago and like to travel. i applied and received Panamanian residency last year.

I am a professional trader (been that for 30 years) and like to live life on my termsā€¦ not always possible but we try!

I am also a Gracie Jiu Jitsu Black Belt, I try to visit the Gracie university(.com) in LA every 2 years. I received my black belt from Ryron Gracie in 2016.

If you have any questions let me know and I will try to answer.

1 Like

Hi!
Iā€™m. Doug in Santa Fe, New Mexico USA. Weā€™re pretty well travelled, both with work and pleasure, but looking to become nomadic. Eyeing a move to Portugal and (hopefully) getting a permanent residence visa there. I work in the renewable energy field as a policy analyst. My partner is an accountant. Sounds boring, but heā€™s had quite an adventurous ride with his career. Looking forward to N/G.

1 Like

Hello Nomad world! My name is Lindsay. Iā€™m an American living in Sofia, Bulgaria. Iā€™m starting a remote business doing grant writing for NGOā€™s around the world. Itā€™s been a wild ride learning how to start a business while exploring the world. Iā€™m looking forward to soaking up all your knowledge! Too many books and podcasts to name but hereā€™s are a couple.
Book- Ella Minnow Pea: A Novel in Letters
Podcasts: Armchair Expert

Hi Lindsay,
Just saw your welcome post in my feed, taking a break. We are in Japan, semi-retired. Can offer introduction
to your business if you need a decent (but not super-complex) website, very inexpensively. We use a VA and designers in the Philippines. (And straight intro, not affiliate, not our business, no kickback, nothing like that.)
Cheers!
Hear that Bulgaria is a fine place, comfortable economy.
Duncan

Hello, my name is Hashim. I have moved from America to southern Asiaā€¦ I am finishing a degree (finally) and creating sound. I am trying really hard to learn Urdu.

Hello! Iā€™m Traci and I am attracted to nomadism :person_climbing: because I envision myself living an unconventional life. With the lockdown, Iā€™m not :airplane:, but next year I plan to leave my home country :us: and travel to SEA :thailand: :vietnam: part of the year along with Latam :ecuador: :mexico: part of the year. I am looking forward to reading other peopleā€™s experiences in these forums!

Other things about me: I write fantasy romance :blue_book:. I am polyamorous :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and recommend the :closed_book: Stepping Off the Relationship Escalator to anyone open to expanding their horizons and learning more about all the different types of relationships :revolving_hearts: people can and do have in our wonderful, wide world. :world_map:

Hi, My Nomad Friends

So glad I found this community. I live in New York but originally from Maryland. My goal is to have access to the world through banking, traveling, dining, etc. you name it, whatever life has to offer or that I can create to enjoy. I want to have VIP access or be treated like a VIP wherever I go. Iā€™m here to learn from you all in how to do this and take advantage of all the benefits, privileges, resources available to us as Nomads. I love exploring , adventures, surprises and learning. What makes me happy is making others happy or seeing others happy; seeing others live their best life ever. I believe the impossible is possible. I look forward to sharing my experiences, knowledge on here and help others dream and see those dreams come to pass. :grinning: Kasahaminda (Korean for Thank you) Oh, that is another thing I love is languages! and international television. Any Kpop, Kdrama Lovers here? Fighting!

Hello, Guys! Nice to be here!
I am doing SEO for living. Funny thing - initially I found this forum when I was checking an article on how to make redirect from Medium to own blog. So I registered to ask about it.
But then realized this forum has lots of content about Estonian e-residency and I got mine 4 months ago to open the company for my domain business
So, now I will get back here every time to check info I need about e-residency

Hello, Thomas! I found your blog while searching for a way to redirect the medium article to another website like you mentioned here - Posting Evergreen Content on Medium is a Terrible Idea | Nomad Gate
You wrote to contact you in case somebody would want to know how you did it.
Could you, please, share it with me? I would really appreciate it!
Thank you

1 Like

Shared in a PM :slight_smile:

Hi to all members. My name is Robert and I am very impressed with the knowledge I find here. Thanks to everyone from the founders to the members of the nomadgate

1 Like

Hi there!

Iā€™m Alex, Aussie / British and back in Singapore after a couple of years in Sydney. Originally moved to Singapore from the UK in 2008 and a permanent resident in :singapore: I have a strange obsession with collecting passports and residence permits in different locations so Nomad Gate seems like just the place to be! :partying_face:

Iā€™m an Executive Coach and Trainer and spend a fair amount of time (or at least prior to Covid-19!) travelling the region for work / play.

Favourite places:

• Margaret River, WA :beach_umbrella:
  • Bali :desert_island:
  • Myanmar :hindu_temple:

The book / article I have recommended most is https://www.amazon.com/How-Will-Measure-Your-Life/dp/0062102419

Longer term plan is to secure a MM2H visa in Malaysia and hopefully the Portuguese Golden Visa to balance between the two locations. Would love to hear from people on whether Portugal GV makes sense for a Brit in a post-Brexit worldā€¦

Had a read of some of the discussion topics and theyā€™re super informative and helpful!

Cheers
Alex

1 Like

Hi everyone, my name is Piero and for some months now I have been a new ā€œDigital Nomadā€ (Still two big words, for the moment, but hopefully I will be able to call me in that way for real, soon). I was an employee in the IT field for twenty years, in various areas, then, after a transfer to the United States, where I am at the moment, and a family situation for which I need to be able to work from any part of the world I might find myself in, I started to reinvent myself and to approach Digital Nomadism, and , taking advantage of the knowledge of photography and website development acquired, for the most part independently, over the years (especially for that ā€œsmallā€ ā€œnerdā€ vein that is inside me), and taking advantage of it to take some certifications that, more out of laziness, than for lack of time, I had put off too much. Greetings to all from North Carolina.

2 Likes

Hi @doughowe, welcome! Let me know in case you need any tips re residence in Portugal. Stay well!

Hi
I am Rakesh Kumar Shami . I am from India . I am retired Chief Engineer since May 2019 from Central Government Department in India . I have joined Nomad Gate Community today only. I wish to know more about this group. I had come to Munich Germany in May 1986 on UNDP fellowship to study behavior of concrete in Technical University Munich . I have wish to come to come again to Europe after Corona pandemic is controlled and the travel restriction are removed.
Regards
Rakesh Shami

1 Like