Introduce yourself! 👋

Nice meeting you, Thomas :slight_smile:

My name is Karen Brewerr, I am a traveler and a blogger. I write articles about Home and Decor, Business, Health, and of course, Travel.

I love exploring places and I write down all my experiences. I also like giving tips and advice. I am currently connected with Thailand Private Tours

Hi, everyone! I’ve just moved to PT to work at ULisboa as a philosophy researcher. So far, the country is treating me well. I’m on the forums here to try to find answers to my very many residence permit questions.

1 Like

HI Asif here currently in Chicago, via 20 years in Los Angeles and NYC. Looking to see if still get a GV before the rules changes. Appreciate all the posts and knowledge here.

Hi I’m Matt from Southern California. My wife and I are still planning to live in the U.S. for the forseeable but are applying for the GV to have a good future retirement option or escape plan in case things get too weird here in the U.S. I wish I had discovered this forum sooner, as it would have answered a lot of my questions and saved me some time and stress. We’ve already completed our investment, purchasing a home in the historic district of Evora with an executed renovation contract with a local contractor. At this point we’re waiting on our FBI background checks to receive Hague Apostilles as the final item on the checklist before we submit to SEF through our lawyer, VCA. Happy to answer any questions and open to any tips!

Best,
Matt

Hi Community,

I’m Enrico, originally from Italy, resident in Germany, temporarily in Spain.
I’m a Project Leader/Business Analyst in the area of Enterprise Service Management.
In the last years (before Covid) I already worked mostly remotely in home-office from Germany.
In the last two years I began to swap to Spain for the winter and back in Germany for the summer. This worked for a while as employee but now I’m looking for a 100% remote position, either as employee or as freelancer. Companies in Germany are reluctant to that. They adduce either data security or insurance issues, but there are means to overcome those, the truth is mostly lack of trust.
For the next years I just would like to continue to swap between countries in winter/summer.
I got acquainted with Andalusia and especially the province of Cadiz. If you have questions about this area or if you also live there, then please contact me on this platform.

Best regards,

Enrico

1 Like

Hi, Nice to meet you

1 Like

Nice to meet you Mark!

1 Like

Nice to meet you. I’m from Chennai too!

Hi all!

I’m Chance, longtime nomad from Canada.

Some favorite places:

• Seoul
  • Prague
  • Melbourne

Currently reading:

• Brad DeLong’s book Slouching Towards Utopia

Podcasts:

• I dabble but these days a lot of NBA-related pods and tech. :slight_smile:

Hi ,

My name’s Luke, just found this place.

I’m older than most of you, most likely, don’t know if anyone else on here is older.

I’m not working currently due to circumstances, but want to get into a position where I can travel and leave this toxic hell hole country, but I’ve no real clue how to do it.

I’ll make another post about my situation.

Hi, everyone! I’m Anastasia. I’m a new to become Digital Nomad. And I glad to find the Community for discovering the theme and the place where to go first. I’m videomaker, photographer, remote video editor, nature lover. My favorite places are Portugal, Italy, Finland.
Cheers,
Ana

Needed to update my introduce yourself :woozy_face:

I am Omolara from the US. My journey started when I studied abroad in Dubai, 12 years ago :grinning:. I lived in Mexico for 6 years and I currently reside in Texas. I am fluent in Spanish and working on getting a second home in Dubai, so I can split my time there 50/50.

I would love to meet expats in Dubai, as well as Americans who have residences in the US and another country.

Currently watching Bird Box Barcelona and Selling OC. Reading Remote for Life by Jordan Carrol. Considering setting my income up in a way where I can live in Dubai and the US, without limiting myself to the US timezone, since there is a 9 hour time difference🥴.

What makes me tick? Relaxing and getting pampered!

Hi everyone,
My name is Lourenço, I’m Portuguese and since I was young I felt like a global citizen.
I’ve been based in London for the past +4y (East Timor before that), but my current job requires me to go Lisbon (my hometown) a lot, which is great!
I know Portugal it’s not just quality of life, cheap beer and sunny weather, the country has its challenges (bureaucracy to start with), despite the tremendous potential (where are the good politicians?).
This community works as a reality check for Portugal, and to point out certain improvement opportunities.
Cheers,

1 Like

Howdy everyone! I’m James :slight_smile: newbie. Looking for friends. My hobbies are watching horror movies, traveling and singing. My favorite destination are Japan, Chile, and Philippines. But I am still looking for other places that has beautiful landscape? I really love doing nothing, just staring in nature. Cheers to all :beers:

1 Like

Greetings all! Claire here :sparkles:
From the San Francisco area, and have had the pleasure of journeying many places and meeting marvelous humans. France is a second home to me, and my husband’s dream is to live in the jungles of Mexico - so we’ve set our sights on Portugal for our next big move.

I love creating spaces, sharing my love of nourishing food with others, and exploring nature.

See y’all in the forums :lotus:

Hey Matt! I’d appreciate being able to ask some questions! I just stumbled onto this forum and my husband and I are feeling called to Portugal as well - similarly as things continue to get stranger in the U.S. Did you use a firm to assist you in your process of acquiring a GV? If so, whom and did you like working with them?

Thanks so much!

Hi, I’m David. :wave: Stumbled upon this site via Google search. Currently staying and working remotely in the Philippines, but I also traveled and done remote work in different countries.

Hi, my name is Dale. I have been a member for a few years now. I currently live in Colorado in the US. During the pandemic, I traveled a bit in the US while working for a government agency. Currently, I am doing Gig work while looking for something more permenant. Especially, if I can travel out of the US with it. I am here to look for advice on how to travel and live without being locked down in one location. As well as search for employment that will allow me to do so. Some of my favorite places out of the US are Honk Kong, Singapore, Guam and Austrailia. Thank you for reading my intro. Cheers.

I’m Benjamin. I’m not currently travelling, but my wife and I are putting together plans to travel the United States with our son once he is old enough to start (home) school.

Someday we might expand that to be international, but as a Software Engineer there are additional security and work schedule considerations that make doing that considerably more difficult (a 2 hour time difference is going to be a bit challenging all by itself).

Favorite places I’ve been:

• Kennedy Space Center
  • Big Bend National Park
  • Luray Caverns

Favorite Books include:

• Uruha’s Song (A Star Trek book, possibly out of print now).
  • The Expanse
  • Pretty much anything by Heinlein.

Current favorite podcast is “No Dumb Questions”.

Hello there,

Just found this lovely group when searching for info about my next potential country to relocate to.

I’m Tamas a software developer. Was born in Hungary :hungary: but left it in 2000.

Since then I have lived/worked in

Australia :australia:
Austria :austria:
Canada :canada:
Germany :de:
Switzerland :switzerland:
USA :us:

At the moment living in Down Under. But planning to move back to Europe, thinking about Malta :malta:.

I like traveling :luggage:, hiking :hiking_boot:, long distance trail running :man_running:.

But I like reading too, mostly SF :telescope:and Fantasy :troll:books from authors like Peter F. Hamilton, Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson

Just a heads-up, I’m gonna have some questions about Malta for sure … :smiley:

Cheers,
Tamas

1 Like