Introduce yourself! 👋

Hi, I am Tim Worthington, I left the UK in 1986, when my girlfriend ( now my wife) and drove a Land Rover from London to Cape Town we then spent many years living in Spain, then to Singapore and Malaysia so I have been a ‘Nomad’ for many years. Until I returned to the UK last month.
I have a business that is based in Sri Lanka that helps companies locate environmentally friendly solutions. Which is a lot of fun and very rewarding.
I am very pleased to meet a Global tribe of Nomads.

1 Like

Hi Tim, you certainly have had an amazing life journey :). No doubt you and your wife have accumulated a wealth of priceless experiences.

My wife and I have also spent many years travelling - including spent some time in Singapore and Malaysia and these days we are in Georgia. Nice to eMeet you :).

Are you planning on staying in the UK now? What does your future hold :slight_smile: ?

Cheers, Ron.

Hi Ron, great to meet you, we are not sure what the next move will be, UK for the summer and then we will see. hopefully, one or two more chapters still to write. :grinning:

Great attitude :slight_smile: … its the adventure that keeps us young

… and now just to hold out having fun long enough for the reverse aging solutions to arrive :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aloha dear people :call_me_hand:t2:

My name is Ilija, I am from Belgrade, Serbia, mainly theatre artist :performing_arts:, illustrator :paintbrush:but also passionate Ukulele player and Lindy Hop dancer :man_dancing:t2:. I would love to share my passions with different people around the world, but also learn new things. I like to spend my time outside near the ocean :ocean: hiking in nature :sunrise_over_mountains: and skateboarding :skateboard:
This year I decided to move to Ericeira :surfing_man:t2: to start my new life adventure, I will be there from 26. April.

My Favorite places are:
Prague :european_castle:
Hawaii :hibiscus:
Saigon :vietnam:

I like many books but I can suggest : The Bridge on the Drina by Ivo Andric and High Fidelity by Nick Hornby
If you like to read good comic I suggest you: Set to Sea by Drew Weing

Cheers :beers:

3 Likes

Hi,

My name is Jhonatan. A colombian guy currently located in Sthlm. I’ve always wanted to have the freedom to work from any place, and even if I still don’t have that freedom. I really would like to learn everything about it and prepare to take the step as soon as a good opportunity comes by.
I work as a PM, PO for IT development.
I love to talk about the universe (physics), human civilisation (culture and economy) and new technological opportunities (decentralisation).

I’m very talking, looking forward to get to know you more!

3 Likes

Hello Ilija​:hugs:, I’ve scheduled a trip to Serbia this Fall, & look forward to experiencing the culture & more folks as you write :grin:.

Hello @dadewetu
I will be probably in Lisbon, but If I am at home, I will show you around city. Even if I am somewhere else, feel free to contact me and I will write you good spots and places for everything :blush::hugs:
Alooha :call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

Greetings Llija! Thank You Much, I shall remember to contact you, appreciate it! Enjoy & stay safe!!

Hi Everyone, I’m Beverley, English,

:uk:

but have previously lived n the USA :us: and Germany :de: ::…now planning my next move to Portugal :portugal::- terrible Covid lockdown and yet another cold winter - life is too short. Already have a contact there through horses - Im taking her mine with me :horse:…and also my dog :dog2:so Im going through the bureaucracy etc. Would have been very simple a couple of years ago whilst UK was still in the EU, but now we’ve “done Brexit” suddenly I have to get a visa to move there - very interested in help with this - Ive just been plodding along unaided, but have now realised that a lot of people seem to “buy” help - but does seem expensive…?? Only joined the group 2 days ago…but already found great help to obtain a NIF at a good price ------so Thank you all!! PS will be near Porto :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi all,James here. Currently living and working in the UK, but hopefully moving to Portugal once restrictions are over.

Looking for a simple retired life. Lots of travelling and camping. I’ve travelled to Lots of places in the world but Portugal is the one I’m drawn to. Only been over 3 times in recent years but the people were so nice. So I’ve decided that it will be my home base and travel from there.
I’m a very keen motorcyclists, in fact 2 of my visits have been racing through Portugal.
Can’t wait to start the dream

2 Likes

Morning everyone! I’m John, I live in NV (USA) today, am co-founder of a startup and am interested in understanding the best way to live and work abroad.

2 Likes

Hello :grinning:

Delighted to have found this forum and thank you for the welcome note @tkrunning
My name is Fran, I’m Irish :ireland:
I relocated from London :uk: to Lisbon in January. :earth_americas:

I’m a co-founder of a remote working consultancy that helps businesses find the right tools and solutions to build a more sustainable remote working setup. :muscle:

I am a huge fan of traveling the world and can’t wait to do more of it when the world opens up again soon. :crossed_fingers:

My favourite book is The Art of Simple Living by Shunmyo Masuno . I keep a copy on my desk and whenever I open it, it seems to land on the page I need to read on that given day :heartpulse:

I’m also a huge techno fan :star_struck:and can’t wait to return to the clubs when we can all dance together again.
Ask me anything about remote working, happy to help.
I’d also like to learn more about the FIRE movement and make new connections in Lisbon.

Obrigada
Fran

2 Likes

Hi All, my name is Allison and I live in Boise. I am retired (most of the time) from working in the orphan disease and oncology space. I am developing a plan to go international for an extended period of time. I have a son with a small family in Oslo and will likely start there. My interests are hiking, cycling, skiing, pickelball, and almost anything outdoors. I want very much to go to cities and stay awhile (months and months). For a time I considered Portugal, how can you not with all the hype, however your posts were very helpful. I love Annecy, am thinking about locations in Italy and Spain as well. I am more of a mountains person but would consider having both mountains and water near by a perfect location.

I notice many of you thinking about investments and residency, and while residency is important to me, investments not so much as my quality of life.

I am starting from scratch and have read the info suggested on banks, as having my money close by will be ideal. I want to make sure I understand the visa process for extended stays and ensure that if I need a lawyer I find qualified international representation.

I very much look forward to learning from you all and hope to be abroad for good by Sept of next year provided all is open post-covid. Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi! My name is Khikhuch - a very unusual name in Russia :ru: :slight_smile: I live in Moscow and I’ve never been to Portugal yet. I have 3 kids - :girl: 9yo, :boy: 4yo and :child: 1,9 yo. I work in a large international IT company in a sales position. I am here to get more knowledge about Portugal Golden Visa options and make a decision about it. My favorite movie is Leaving Las Vegas. I like to travel and interesting in EV. I want to change something in my life, maybe this is the place of residence ))

1 Like

Hi there, i am Curt in my mid 40s, getting some good returns on my crypto-business (as many people these days) and i am looking not for a nomad lifestyle per se - but more for a tax friendlier environment than germany.
Thanks to all of your input, this seems like a great forum.
I will definetely include my experiences in here as well.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Kim (in Canada) or Kamila (everywhere else) … long story …

I was born in Poland but spent most of my life on the West Coast of Canada with a few years in Santiago, Chile. I’ve always known I’m a nomad at heart and if I had had more chances to move around when younger I would have done so.

About 10 years ago I decided Spain was the place to be and since then I have worked very hard on getting here. I’ve now been here for 7 months moving from city to city to learn lots and figure out where I’d like to settle. I’ve taken a leave of absence from my job back in Canada but I have a suspicion I won’t be going back. I’m currently in Madrid but will be going north to Bilbao soon and then Galicia. I do love Valencia the most so far, so that’s probably where I’ll settle this fall.

I have many interests and I hope that moving permanently to Spain should finally give me more time to pursue. I may be ready to retire early from my job but I’m sure as heck not ready to retire from life.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Hi everyone :slight_smile: My name is Steve and I currently live in Vietnam :grin: :grin: I have been an ESL teacher here for 4 years and, due to Covid, I have started teaching online full time. It has been quite challenging to adapt and I look forward to learn more about the digital nomad experience and ways to improve my lifestyle as a digital nomad as well as share whatever I can. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello there :slight_smile:

My name is Maph, I am from Morocco, travelling between Europe and Asia, I am former expat in site construction engineering in Africa, nevertheless I am still travelling for my own pleasure with friends.

Since the current pandemic situation, I am looking to emphasize my teleworking experience by shifting to digital-nomad configuration, thus I would be happy to get information to make this optimal and as well share my modest experience on the topic,

Take care all,

Cheers,
Maph

2 Likes

Hello Everyone!

My name is Zak and I will going location independent as of 7/1/2021. I am 33 yo UXD and LXD professional and am starting my first totally remote position soon. I am also about to finish my degree. I always envied those who got to study abroad so I figured why not design my own program my way,

My plan is travel state side and follow my wonderlust where it takes me. Maybe do an overseas jump if the world allows. I am super exited for this next step and chapter in my life.

3 Likes